META: Plot vs. Character

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 2 23:27:24 PDT 2006

Jesse Willey wrote:

>   It's not like I don't do character driven stories.
> The whole point of ABC was to do stories that are
> entirely first person narration so the reader would
> only get one character's point of view.  Their
> thoughts and feelings.  Who these people are.

And that's why the most recent issue of ABC (Deliah) doesn't work for
me: it doesn't adequately get me into the head of the narrator.  It's
really a very dialogue-driven story, which I don't think works well in
first-person: people don't usually remember discussions verbatim.

But I do like Jesse's reasoning why Deliah changes the spelling of her
name.

==Tom