[MISC] Plot vs. Character

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 2 23:22:29 PDT 2006

Jesse Willey wrote:
>  I've wanted to, since the start of
> the series, do a multipart Rashomanesque story where
> most if not the entire story is exactly the same
> dialogue/plot 2-4 issues in a row.  I know, it'd put
> the audience to sleep-- but if read individually each
> character (and hopefully) the audience would find each
> character to be absolutely justified in doing what
> they do.  I just haven't figured out that story yet.

Why not do it as an annual or a double sized issue and divide the issue
into four parts?  I've found breaking issues into parts to be a good
compromise between my desire to keep issues short and the tendency for
posts on RACC to become longer and longer with shorter posts as a
result appearing increasingly anemic.  Telling the same story four
times would also mean going three issues with nothing new happening. :)

Martin