Meta: Tuckerizations and Character Names

Jesse Willey cabbagewielder at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 18:09:10 PST 2006

>  Real writers use the names of people they know    >
that's a fact: otherwise
> they'd be picking names out of the phonebook.

   Most real writers ask-- to avoid just this type of
situation.  Even if it is only borrowing part of a
name.

> Apparently.  Was I in
> the wrong for doing so?  Hell no!  And I strongly
> resent the suggestion
> that I was.  As far as I am concerned the ball is in
> Jesse's court.  He
> needs to get a clue.  Period.

  It isn't like you didn't have fair warning.  I have
had a clear and well known stance on the issue that
has not changed.   Any one with a lick of common sense
who knew that wouldn't have said: 'I could-- but I'd
better not'.  It isn't just WHAT you did with the
Willey charcter it is that it exists at all.  I'm the
process of writing/plotting an LNH-Y story that
handles that counterparts mess.  Your harm, your foul.