LNH: Alt.stralian Yarns #1: On the Matter of Locks

Tim Munn drtimphd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 10:53:22 PDT 2006

This was pretty funny.  I got a kick out of the SuperSteer, shooting
lasers out of their eyes.  And the toilet made out of a drum and tire--
it just blows my mind!

I know what this means:
> > Meanwhile, the missus was chuckin' a ninny.
> >
> > I... I have no idea what that means. :-)
>
> Like Saxon said, a hysterical fit. The word 'ninny' is usually used to
> refer to one of an idiotic disposition, and to 'chuck a ninny' is to
> lose one's sensabilities, unto a ninny.

(It's only a wee-bit strange that me and Tom live in the same state
[Michigan] but only one of us knows this meaning.  Probably due to our
geographical differences within the state.)
[American Slang Equivalent used]:
Chuck can mean throw; I've also heard it used much like upchuck (vomit)
without the up
Ninny usually means the same as Sissy (at least in the context I've
heard it); a 'momma's boy', 'nerd/geek/dork' or every-so-often
'homosexual' (more often associated with the second).
It's funny to think of 'the missus was throwing up on a nerd' or 'the
missus was throwing a dork.'  Or the more adult oriented

'The missus was throttling a dork.'  (I'm sorry I had to use that
definition for dork, but it was just too funny.)

Anyway, that ends my long-winded report on what that quote meant in the
American Slang Equivalent (to my knowledge).

I welcome Mitchell to RACC and the LNH, and wish him the best in all
future endeavors relating to the two.  If this story is any indication,
you'll go very far indeed.

Tim Munn