LNH/META: LNH Wikipedia Article for Simple English

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 06:52:19 PDT 2006

Martin Phipps wrote:
> Tom Russell wrote:
>
> > Please take a moment to look it over and suggest changes.
>
> It's okay, but what LNH story says that the LNH started in April, 1992?
>  You mean the original Cosmic Plot Device Caper?  But Marvel Zombie Boy
> called on all net.heroes to answer the call and BOOM twenty eight or so
> showed up.  And the LNH HQ was already there waiting for them.  And Kid
> Yesterdaze talked about previous battles with Dr. Killfile etc etc etc.
>  So the LNH had apparently already been around for years at that point.
>  Lurk of faith actually implied that it had been around even longer.
> What story said otherwise?

That's actually a paraphrase of some of the text in the original:

"As to when the current incarnation of the LNH got its start is a
subject of some debate. It could have begun a few days or a few years
before the Cosmic Plot Device Caper depending on which stories one
reads."

The link provided as a footnote for that text is to your story
"Bandwagon Begins".  So, there's no story linked that says otherwise.

I didn't actually write the section on the history of the LNH.  Can any
of our history-minded LNHers come up with a counter-example, something
that says the Legion started around the time people started writing
about it?

If there are no examples, I'd say let's reach some consensus on when
the LNH began.  I, for one, would be fine setting it where (or more
properly, when) Martin sets it.

> Martin

==Tom