[RACCies] Nomination ballot for stories of 2006

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 28 17:10:25 PST 2006

Saxon Brenton wrote:

> [RACCies] Nomination ballot for stories of 2006

I'm curious, Saxon, about whether you would want to do a ballot for a
possible RACC Hall of fame.  Of course I understand that would be a
whole lot of extra work for you and why you probably wouldn't want to do
it.  But since you're the Raccie administrator I figure you should have
first dibs on such a project.

I don't know about anyone else's feelings on the subject, but I'd like
to see this happen and if you don't want to do it, I'd be willing to do
a ballot and collect nominations and votes for it assuming no one else
wants to do it.

I guess everything that's been posted to alt.comics.lnh and
rec.arts.comics.creative and inside the RACC archive would be eligible
to be nominated.  The cut off date should be probably Dec. 31, 2005 with
everything before or on that date eligible.

I figure a person should be limited to five nominations for each
category to keep the ballot from getting insanely large.

I think the categories should probably be:

Favorite Issue
Favorite Miniseries
Favorite Series
Favorite Crossover
Favorite Arc
Favorite Writer
Favorite Contributor which would be for a person who has contributed a
lot to RACC or alt.comics.lnh.  Creating imprints, characters, feedback,
writing reviews, essays, managing the archives, websites, starting flame
wars and so on....

So is there any interest in this... Any thoughts about it?

Should it be called The RACC Hall of Fame,  The RACC of Fame...?

Arthur "The Hallies?" Spitzer