LNH: The Alt.Riders Story Challenge Spectacular!

Jamas Enright thad at eyrie.org
Tue Nov 21 01:19:10 PST 2006

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Tarq wrote:

> Tom Russell wrote:
>> I would say, from a quick survey of the entries, many of us have relied
>> on too many similies to carry the weight of the challenge-- probably
>> because it's difficult to craft a literal story that utilizes so many
>> nouns.
>
> Actually, I thought that Jamas did about the best job with the words
> given to us. I know I, for example, used waaay too many similies in
> both of my entries. I didn't think at all when reading this that you'd
> used too many.

I have to admit, I'm tempted to do a version where *every* ending is a
simile... :)

>> How about, you must use the seventy-five words-- *or* *their*
>> *derivatives*-- in order?  So, one could conjugate stack into stacks or
>> stacked or stacking, or fast into fasting, faster, fastest.
>>
>> We'll call this variation the Preserving Sanity Variation. :-)
>
> I suddenly feel as though my sanity has been preserved due to this
> variation. Celebrations and joy!

There is a certain satisfaction to he had, however, in knowing that one
managed to work within the... "Sanity Destroying Version" (?).

--
Jamas Enright
"Answers answered and questions questioned."

"If a great state has decided by law that twice two is five, it would be
foolish to allow mathematicians to testify." - Comment during the Scopes
Monkey Trial.