META: ARRGHH!! (was: LNH: Haiku Gorilla # 251)

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 06:10:13 PST 2006

Saxon Brenton wrote:
> On Weds 01 Nov 2006 Tom Russell <milos_parker at yahoo.com>
> posted the start of the latest month's installment:
>
> >HAIKU GORILLA is running for the Net.ropolis Senate Seat.
>
> At which point something occurs to Saxon which he should have
> thought of *months* ago, like, when Tom actually emailed him
> for any facts about the situation that might be pertinent.
>
> Current incumbent, mentioned in passing in the opening issue
> of _Flame Wars 4_  is Sen. Amanda Bedfellow (Meadowcrat,
> Whatever-State-Net.ropolis-Is-In-This-Month).
> [yes, this is a Blood County joke]
>
> Tom, I'm sorry.  The only saving grace is that Sen. Bedfellow's
> presence or absence is unlikley to make much of a difference
> one way or another.

Which leaves the question, then, of: how do we fix it?

Net.ropolis, being a city with a floating location (I suppose
Net.ropolis Heights, its suburb, would _also_ float with it?), has one
Senate seat since it doesn't stay in one state or another for too long.
 What if a second Senate seat was created to appease those in
Net.ropolis who feel slighted, having only one Senator instead of the
usual two?

Granted, a city having an entire Senator to itself is one hell of an
exception.  But perhaps pressure from Net.ropolis caused the U. S.
Senate to ask for the creation of another seat.

Or perhaps the Republican majority, fearing that the Meadowcrat will be
a shoo-in, created another Senate position for Net.ropolis, in the
hopes that a Republican candidate (like Briefcase-Eater Lad) would be
elected into that second slot.

And, above all, it could be a shrewd political move of Hex Luthor's.

That way, we accomodate both my storyline, and Sen. Bedfellow.

Any thoughts?

==Tom