META: Your Loved Ones

Jessica Ihimaera-Smiler jaelle at ihug.co.nz
Sun May 28 05:58:22 PDT 2006

Tom Russell wrote:

> How involved are your loved ones with RACC?  Are they even aware that
> it exists?  Do you bounce story or character ideas off of them?  Have
> you ever persuaded anyone to join the group?  (I've persuaded Cory
> Smith and Anthony Ringwelski, neither of whom stayed for very long.)
> Have you showed them pieces of your own writing?  Have you given them
> pieces of other people's writing because you think they'll enjoy it
> and/or the writing is itself exemplary?  How many of your loved ones
> are big on comic books in the first place?
>
> I'm not sure if this will be a useful discussion exactly, as it doesn't
> pertain directly to writing.  But it could be an interesting and
> fruitful one.  Those of you willing to share, please do.

My husband's not a huge comics fan but will read specific ones from time
to time (like Dan Dare and the odd graphic novel). He's listened to me
ramble on about the LNH and has occasionally suggested ideas to help me
work out where to go next in the story, but he's never really read any
of the stories (although I've forced him to listen to me talking about
them quite a lot). He likes to help with the plotting (such as it is).

Jessica