MISC: Super Stomach Girl #4 - You Knew the Job was Dangerous When You Took It

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 08:19:16 PDT 2006

Jesse Willey wrote:

>   Whereas the LNH has maybe 10
> readers at most and that type of backlash doesn't
> exist.

Ten?  Only ten?

I know we've got myself, Willey, Brenton, Enright, McClure, Phipps,
Spitzer, possibly Rogers, possibly Perron if he's still around,
possibly Jaelle-- yeah, I guess that's ten.  Of course, there' s always
lurkers...

 But look at it _this_ way-- the archives are going to be around for a
long, long time.  Which means that the LNH will always have an
audience.  One of the reasons I started "The Greats" was to point
towards stories people may have overlooked, or ones that have become
obscure with time.  Potentially, there's an unlimited audience for the
LNH.

I think one of the reasons why I try to write my LNH stuff as
accessible as possible is the archives.  I'm not writing for the
audience of today, but rather the schoolchildren of tomorrow.

--Tom, who, if he had went to college and gotten a teaching degree,
could easily teach a course on the LNH as Literature, though his real
passion would be Lee-Ditko Spider-Man.