LNH: Easily-Discovered Man #46

EDM Lite dreadpirate72 at netzero.com
Wed May 24 02:29:41 PDT 2006

I don't know if I'd call it an ending, but I'm definitely winding down
to something.

I'd like to be able to wrap up the characters, plotlines (such as they
are) and themes I've been writing about for the last 13 years or so
in the next few issues.  However, I'm neither a speedy nor a
particularly organized writer, so it might take a while.

I'd also like to show how Easily-Discovered Man Lite grows up, for
lack of a better word.  I see him at this point as something like an
aging minor-league baseball player.  He's realized that he's probably
never going to make it as a super-hero in his own right, as many of
his friends and colleagues have (anyone else remember when Frat
Boy was just the sidekick to Steak-and-Potatoes-Man?)  He's also
realized that one can't really go on as a sidekick beyond a certain
age.

But he hasn't really registered what this means for him, since his
life doesn't offer many alternatives.  He isn't very good in school,
he doesn't have any ambitions to do anything other than what he's
doing, and he doesn't have any friends apart from the people he
knows in the LNH.  And except for a handful of people, he doesn't
even know the LNH very well: he thought Sarcastic Lad was married,
for crying out loud.

I can't imagine what it would be like to realize all of this at 18
(though looking back on all of it, I suppose I probably peaked around
19 or 20).  But I do think it will be interesting to write.

--Rob Rogers
--Easily-Discovered Man Lite of the LNH