LNH/ACRA/TEB: Net.heroes on Parade TEB Vol. # 3: Gary Niceguy Blues

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Tue May 23 19:10:12 PDT 2006

in article 20060523062239.83800.qmail at web31304.mail.mud.yahoo.com, Tom
Russell at milos_parker at yahoo.com wrote on 5/23/06 9:47 AM:

> NET.HEROES ON
> PARADE Vol. 3
> Gary Niceguy Blues
> BY TOM RUSSELL
>
> "That's all good and great, kid," said Sarc.  "But,
> really?  I don't care."
> "But I'm your son!"
> "You're some of my sperm and an egg, kid," said
> Sarc.  "That doesn't make me your father.  That
> doesn't make you my son."
> "But my mom's dead.  I don't have anyone left."
> Except Maddie.
> Sarc shrugged.  "Look, I'm sorry about your mother.
> She was a nice lay.  But, you seem to be doing pretty
> good on your own, Gary Niceguy.  I like the name, by
> the way."
> "Thanks."
> "Next time you're up on the moon, why don't your
> bring some of the girls down with you?  I wouldn't
> mind a visit, if you know what I mean."
> "Sure.  Sure."

Hmm.  Looking at this I think the problem isn't that you gave Sarcastic Lad
a son, but the way you wrote Sarc as a very callous bastard.

I mean, sure, Sarc is a jerk and an asshole -- but I'd like to think that he
has at least some redeeming qualities... that he wouldn't piss on someone
who he thought was his son... he might be skeptical that this was some
supervillain scam or something... but I don't think Sarc would ever be this
heartless...

Of course I know this was written a long time ago...

Arthur "Father issues?" Spitzer