LNHY: Matthew Almighty 3: The Final Part... Really... Honest

martinphipps2 at yahoo.com martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 06:27:52 PDT 2006

Tom:
> Anyway, here's hoping we see more of Pauli sometime in the future.

I do know.  After Matthew Almighty, I felt that the story was
incomplete because it didn't deal with any of the reactions from any of
the other people in the Looniverse.  In II, we briefly got an opinion
from Doctor I. Forget before he forgot what he was talking about.  In
III, we finally delt with some of the questions hinted at in I,
although maybe not to the extent that people might have liked.  *shrug*
 I can see how the resolution (or lack there of) in III might have been
disappointing but, frankly, Matthew and Michel had not so long ago been
the same person.  Surely, it wouldn't have been that hard for them to
resolve their differences.  Each of them got to see their agendas in a
new light and got to see that each of them were subtly trying to affect
people's opinions and, thus, to an extent take away their free will.  I
mean, if you are powerful enough to get people to think the same way
you do then they no longer have free will, do they?  So there really
isn't anything left for either of them to do but let people come to
their own conclusions naturally.  That's what I was getting at and I'm
sorry if it didn't come across.  The line "keep each other in check"
was meant to imply that neither of them could pursue their agendas and
that they'd just have to let people be.  So it really is the end for
them.  But Matthew is married to Jolina, so he's happy. :)

Martin