LNHY: Matthew Almighty 3: The Final Part... Really... Honest

martinphipps2 at yahoo.com martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Sat May 20 21:21:56 PDT 2006

Tom Russell wrote:

> I hated Eternal Sunshine.  Hated it.  Hated it.  Granted, I only got
> about forty minutes in, but those forty minutes were enough to turn me
> off of the rest of it.  I've never seen it since, and I _own_ the
> god-damn DVD.
>
> If I want to watch a couple scream at each other all the time, I'll
> grab a Cassavetes movie.  And if I want to watch Elijah Wood look
> creepy, I'll... watch any other movie he's ever been in. :-)

Well, the beginning of Eternal is hard to watch.  You see people
screaming at each other.  It's like having noisy neighbours.  But then
it goes back to when they first met.  As I recall, the movie ended
abruptly without a definite answer to the question of whether they were
going to get back together.  Maybe it was supposed to be left as an
exercise for the veiwer: we saw where they started and we saw where
they ended up.  Do these two people belong together or not?  Most
movies about couples end with a make up kiss and we're supposed to
believe that things go on happily ever after so maybe this was a more
realistic take on relationships.  Or maybe the writer just couldn't
think of a better way to end the movie.  Of course, you never go that
far so I guess you can't comment about that. :)

Martin