ASH: ASH #68 - "Manifest Destiny Part 4: Legion"

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 09:38:44 PDT 2006

Wow.  This issue of ASH has everything I've ever wanted in a issue of
ASH.  There's action, intrigue, emotional turmoil, _two_ Hamlet
quotes-- and GIANT MONSTERS!

Usually, the geopolitical stuff leaves me kind of cold, but this time
around-- the scroll of Lysistrata pissing off the Moslem Confederation,
and the shock reveal ending-- I found really intriguing and
electrifying.  I eagerly await further developments along these lines.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I saw Lysistrata some years back, a
college production.  _Man._  When people talk about the coarsening of
the world's culture and bring up the Greek plays as an ideal, they must
not have been talking about Lysistrata (and the other satyr plays, for
that matter).

Man.  Imagine if Lysistrata had been an LNH story.  Now, that's what I
would call a true Woody Incident.

--Tom, GIANT MONSTERS!