[REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #28 - April 2006 [spoilers]

Adrian James McClure lord_soldeed at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 18:14:17 PDT 2006

Arthur Spitzer wrote:

> Started out writing a story about a Panta ripoff and decided it wasn't a
> good idea, so I've changed a number of things about it (right now the
> character makes fanboys drool and that's about it).  Don't know when I'll
> finish it.
>
> Some characters just capture people's imaginations and some don't.
> I could create a character called Greatest-LNH-Villain-Ever
> Man-Robot-Gorilla, but there's no way I could possibly convince people to
> embrace such a character as the greatest LNH Villain.  Either they do or
> they don't.  Same thing with any Panta ripoff.

... You know, it might work to, in classic LNHian fashion, play off
those concerns within the story itself.  IE, having a character who
ended up taking the place of Panta in continuity, but finds she can't
live up to the expectations other people have for her, or she has for
herself, and no one knows why.  Well, except maybe Ultimate Mercenary,
who has the ability to sense changes to continuity now, and might
remember Panta.  Oddly enough, I also recall Manga Man referring to her
in Just Imagine I, even though there's no reason why he would be able
to.

I really should read some Tales of the LNH, considering how everyone in
the last month or so has been talking about how great it is.