META: Your first time...?

Tim Munn drtimphd at gmail.com
Tue May 9 11:11:30 PDT 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.comics.creative/browse_thread/thread/19c416cad602a29/bcffe2223216ceaa?q=Golden+Man:+Year+One+%231&rnum=1&hl=en

Golden Man: Year One #1 by Tom Russell, 9 years ago next month.
I was searching through WebTV's groups, as I used that then, looking
through rec.arts.comics.dc.universe.  After about a month of using
Usenet, I went up to find rec.arts.comics and then RACC.  (I find it
funny now, since RACC was labeled as a WebTV only group.  Of course,
now I realize that Usenet doesn't work that way.)  I was like 'Wow!
This is the greatest thing I've ever read!'  It was the greatest thing
I'd read at that point, and I was even more amazed that it had been
posted 2 minutes prior to my finding RACC.  I've went back to read
GM:YO several times, including a few minutes ago, and even to this day
I'm still inspired by it.  :)

Tim Munn