8FOLD/PROMO: The Nostalgics Are Here!

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 10:55:11 PDT 2006

Coming very, very soon to a newsgroup near you--

            EIGHTFOLD COMICS GROUP PRESENTS
|T||  | ||| ||| |||  |  ||  |||| || ||| |||
|H||| | | | ||   |  | | ||  |       |   ||
|E|  || | |  ||  |  |-| ||  | || || |    ||
|||   | ||| |||  |  | | ||| |||| || ||| |||#1
"  And I Spoke       WRITTEN BY TOM RUSSELL
 For All Things "    EDITED BY MARY RUSSELL

Four heroes.  Eight issues.
One traitor.  One murder.

THE NOSTALGICS is the story of Jason Righteous, a
four-colour who goes by the codename Connection.  Who
is Jason Righteous?

Why, he's only one of the most compelling characters
to ever set your computer screen afire.  He's also the
man who betrayed the Nostalgics, and took the life of
one of his teammates.

Journey, then, into a world of darkness and light.  Of
heroes and villains and those inbetween.  Of great
powers and great curses.

A world of love, of joy, of disillusionment and
compromise.  Journey into the world of THE NOSTALGICS!
 It's a look back at a world that never was, and never
will be again.

|T||  | ||| ||| |||  |  ||  |||| || ||| |||
|H||| | | | ||   |  | | ||  |       |   ||
|E|  || | |  ||  |  |-| ||  | || || |    ||
|||   | ||| |||  |  | | ||| |||| || ||| |||

--

And don't forget, O Crazy Eighters, that the very
first episode of THE NOSTALGICS is also the subject of

The prize?  A  totally free copy of MILOS, LIFE AND
TIMES OF A DREAMER on Region-1 DVD+R, personally
autographed for the canny reader by writer-director
Tom Russell.

The contest?  Within the text of THE NOSTALGICS # 1,
there is contained a classic reference to the first
four-colour super-hero, Superman!  If you can discover
the line within THE NOSTALGICS # 1 that apes the text
of one of the definitive Golden-Age Superman stories,
then that DVD is yours!

The rules?  Post a comment publically in the thread
for THE NOSTALGICS # 1, quoting the relevant text
(just a line or two, don't quote whole paragraphs in
hopes of getting it right).  If your answer is the
correct one, you'll get public congratulations from
the author and he will soon contact you to arrange the
shipping of MILOS, LIFE AND TIMES OF A DREAMER on DVD!
 However, only one person may claim the prize-- the
first person to post the correct response!  And you
only get one try, so make it a good 'un!

---

Tom Russell
Director of MILOS, LIFE AND TIMES OF A DREAMER
Limited autographed dvds now on sale, directly from the filmmaker

"In the beginning, Milos seems to have no clue how to relate
 to anyone.  He is quizzical, leaving the viewer questioning
 and wondering..."
  -- Ryan M. Niemiec, co-author of MOVIES AND MENTAL ILLNESS

--

"If a comic book, book, movie or novel is not somebody's fantasy
then who wrote it and to whom does it appeal to?  In order for a