[usVerse} The Unfinished Sentence-Verse #1

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Sat May 6 19:09:15 PDT 2006

The Unfinished Sentence-Verse # 3

The robot's chest opened to reveal a hand, upon which sat an old
Courier and Ives plate (a young couple mushing their horse-drawn
carriage through an idyllic winter wonderland) that held the crimpled
remains of a faded blue pastel muffin wrapper, sans muffin: all that
remained of it were a few neglected crumbs, tasty blueberry orphans
(and that's if the muffin was a blueberry one, or, for that matter, if
it was a muffin at all: it very well could have been a cupcake and not
a muffin, and if it was a cupcake, did that mean that the existence of
its piecemeal survivors was any sweeter, that their fate was any less
dire-- and what kind of frosting once adorned its light, fluffy top;
oh, never mind, it was a muffin after all) torn from their family by a
masticating holocaust, only to be devoured in one fell slurp by cruel
fate in a viking helmet (and if that viking-hatted Gila monster could
speak the language of man, and if he was a conossuier of fine foods
able to tell the difference between a muffin and its sweet sinful
barely-legal and more attractive younger sister the cupcake, then that
Gila monster could settle, once and for all, whether or not it was a
muffin or a cupcake that he did devour the last few measly crumbs of),
much to the surprise and astonishment of the robot, who did weep
copious tears; water and electricity do not mix, and so that robotic
behemoth of everything Loebian (for, as the discerning reader should
discern with no discernable difficultly, Jeph "I can't write Batman
correctly but I sure can resurrect Jason Fucking Todd with the best of
them" Loeb has been jettisoned, only to be readily replaced by the
once-thought dead Marcel "I can write thirty pages about how I fall to
sleep" Proust and his magical motherfucking tea cup and piece of
madeleine-- and whatever happened to i before e except after c; Maddie,
as usual, provides a welcome exception) found his flight capabilities
quite diminished and sank to the ocean, destined to rust forever as it
pondered the fate of the crumbs it had played Papa Varian to for a few
brief lovely moments: the end of a life is, as always, bittersweet.
The gila monster licks his