LNH: Haiku Gorilla Adventures # 42

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 27 16:56:58 PST 2006

HAIKU GORILLA # 42

"But why come to me?
"Haven't seen him since I left."
reply: spring invoked

 Briefcase-Eater Lad (C) COPYRIGHT Non-Joltin' Jamie Rosen and used
with permission.

SENRYU-KEN! (SORT OF LETTERS PAGE)

  We do have a back-log of letters to address, and we promise, we
*will* get to them in due time.  In fact, to reward your patience,
Haiku Gorilla _himself_ will answer the backlog of letters.
   But because of the statement of ownership included on this page,
that will have to wait for next time!  I'd just like to take the little
space we do have, then, to address a couple of concerns:
   One being the misconception that HAIKU GORILLA is some fly-by-night
attempt to rig the Rabbit Breeder's Cup for next year's RACCies
ceremony.  Nothing could be farther from the truth!  First of all, the
Cup measures quantity-- volume, not issue numbers.  Secondly, in the
spirit of fair play, I hereby _reject_ any and all nominations for the
Rabbit Breeder's Cup.  I disqualify myself from that particular race.
   The second concern of mine is for our moderator/archivist, Russ
"Eagle" Allbery.  HAIKU GORILLA is a unique series, and as such poses a
unique problem for the archivist not dissimiliar from the same problem
that arose on the Wil's Ego RACC page: namely, there are an _awful_ lot
of installments.  And so I'd like to go on record now and say that you
don't have to archive or keep the individual installments.  I'll just
post a collected version when the time is right.

U.S. POSTAL SERVICE STATEMENT OF OWNERSHIP, MANAGEMENT AND CIRCULATION
(REQUIRED BY 39 U.S.C. 3685)
1. Publication title: HAIKU GORILLA ADVENTURES
2. Publication number: 123456789
3. Filing Date: March 27, 2006
4. Issue Frequency: Too Frequent
5. No. of Issues published annually: More than 10, larger than a
breadbox
6. Annual subscription price: $ 0.00
7. Complete mailing address of known office of publication:
milos_parker at yahoo.com
8. Complete mailing address of headquarters of general business office
of publisher: Same.
9. Full names and complete mailing addresses of Publisher, Editor, and
Managing Editor: Tom Russell, milos_parker at yahoo.com, Tom Russell,
milos_parker at yahoo.com, Tom Russell, milos_parker at yahoo.com.
10. Owner: Haiku Gorilla runs wild and free, and is chained by no man.
11. Sex: Yes, please.
12. Tax status: oh shit!  I should do that tonight!
13. Publication title: wait, didn't I already do this one?
14. Issue date for circulation data below: March 27, 2006.
15. Etent and Nature of circulation
A. Total No. Copies Printed: um, one.  For my wife.
B. Paid and/or Requested Circulation: zilch.
C. Total Paid and/or Request Circulation: dude, are you listening to
me?  I said zilch. Geez. Way to rub it in.
D: Free distribution by mail: does this include newsgroups?
E: Free distribution outside the mail: oh, shit, this is where the
newsgroup info goes.  Shit.  Sorry.  Man, I need to get some white-out.
F. Total Free Distribution: yeah, pretty much.
G: Total Distribution: que?
H. Copies not distributed: Possibly.
I. Total: I prefer Raisin Bran.
16. Publication of Statement of Ownership: Right here, bay-by!
17: Signature and Title of Editor, Publisher, Business Manager, or
owner:

--

Tom Russell
Director of MILOS,

"If a comic book, book, movie or novel is not somebody's fantasy
then who wrote it and to whom does it appeal to?  In order for a
shared universe to have a widespread appeal, it has to appeal on
a primal level.  If somebody says superhero comics are just 'wish
fulfillment' then he needs to explain what is entertainment that
doesn't satisfy our wishes and what satisfaction at all you can get
from it." -- Dr. Martin Phipps

      (C) COPYRIGHT 2006 TOM RUSSELL.