[8FOLD] Template #3

Jamie Rosen jamie.rosen at sunlife.com
Mon Mar 27 11:05:14 PST 2006

>So you're doing a storyline involving fiction overwriting reality that
>has an insane writer named Grant in it?  Maybe your influences are a
>little obvious?  :P

Well, as I've mentioned a time or two before, I've only recently gotten
into Grant Morrison's writing after spending a good chunk of my
formative years reading the people who influenced him, or who were
influenced by the same people he was. Jorge Luis Borges, Flann
O'Brien's _The Third Policeman_, Angela Carter's _The Infernal Desire
Machines of Dr. Hoffman_. So I threw that in as a nod in the direction
of the similarities between our writing.

And I'd like to point out that there's not been any actual indication
that fiction is overwriting reality in Template; that's pure conjecture
based on the fact that the book being sought spun out of Borges's story
in which just that happened. :P

Thank you for the kind words.