LNH/LNH2/FWVI: Ultimate Mercenary #5

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 21:20:50 PST 2006

Jesse Willey wrote:

>   But I came up with a better idea.
>
>   The primal matter of the Looniverse was unable to
> destroy him.  In fact it reenergized him and made him

The problem with this is that Joltin' Jeff wrote the story in which
this happened, and not you or I.  I don't think it's right to
effectively alter and invalidate another author's work.

I know I don't have much room to speak here-- but I've grown up and
realized how childish and offensive my past antics were.  I never
should have brought back Doc Killfile in the first place, and, having
done it, I should have come up wiht some explanation, hopefully one
that did not invalidate a story another person worked long and hard on.

I'm not saying I have any moral high ground here-- I'm the idiot who
brought him back in the first place anyway-- but that there is an
opportunity to right a wrong here.  Adrian's suggestion is very sound,
and I'm sure there are other solutions-- solutions which also _respect_
the work that has come before instead of saying Everything You Know Is
Wrong.

I just think it's an issue that needs addressing, whether by Willey or
by someone else.  There has to be a way to reconcile these two stories
that recognizes that the best work in a shared universe _builds_ on the
past instead of obliterating it.

--Tom