ASH: ASH #69 - Manifest Destiny 5: Beetle Battle

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at haven.eyrie.org
Wed Jun 28 06:40:05 PDT 2006

In article <1151475798.492254.314960 at y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com>,
Tom Russell <milos_parker at yahoo.com> wrote:
>SPOILERS.
>.
>
>I am a bit miffed, however, by the misleading title for this chapter of
>Manifest Destiny.  I suppose "Beetle Battle" has a better ring to it
>than "Beetle Recon", but this better be one hell of a giant monster
>shit-kicking to justify not only the lengthy (but welcome) build-up,
>but also the misleading advertising. :-)

     Yeah, therein lies one of the problems with announcing issue titles at
the end of the previous issue.  I felt bound to keep the "Beetle Battle"
title, even after I decided it would work better (for values of "work" that
should become clear next issue) for the conflict to resolve the way it did.

     Don't worry, plenty of fighting scheduled for #70.  And some significant
payoff.  :)

     Dave Van Domelen, outlined #70 yesterday.