8FOLD/FAQ: Your Guide to the Eightfold Universe, June 2006

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 25 13:13:25 PDT 2006

YOUR GUIDE TO THE EIGHTFOLD UNIVERSE
      F.A.Q./RESOURCE DOCUMENT
      VERSION 1.1  June 2006

         ~~CONTAINING~~
    I. Overview for new writers
   II. The stories
  III. Concepts and terms
   IV. Character roster-- Heroes
    V. Character roster-- Villains
   VI. Character roster-- Other
  VII. Contact information

I. OVERVIEW FOR NEW WRITERS

   WHAT'S EIGHTFOLD?

   The Eightfold universe is one of the many
shared-universe imprints on the USENET newsgroup,
rec.arts.comics.creative.  Some of those shared
universes, such as the LNH, are "open" universes:
anyone at anytime can write just about anything for
it.  The more serious universes tend to be "closed":
there are certain restrictions on who gets to write
for the universe, and to what types of stories are
written.  Eightfold is a closed universe.
   That doesn't mean that we're a wholly serious
universe: when the most powerful being in all
existence is a housecat (and member in good standing
of the Mammal Militia), it's somewhat hard to take
yourself too seriously.
   And just because we're a closed universe, that
doesn't mean that you're not invited.  Jamie Rosen and
Tom Russell, the creators and editors-in-chief of the
Eightfold Comics Group, are always on the prowl for
new writers, and you might be just what we're looking
for.  So drop us a line and we'll talk.

   WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?

   A lot of the closed universes are closed to
preserve the big idea, setting, or tone of the
universe from unwanted Bendisians.  For example, Dave
Van Domelen's ASH takes place in a far-flung future
full of geopolitics and Machiavellian gods.
   The thing that makes Eightfold unique among the
other shared universes is that there is no big idea,
no one setting, no overall tone, no tightly-enforced
continuity.  We accept stories of all stripes, and the
only thing we ask that they have in common is quality.
 And that's why we're a closed universe: we're trying
to preserve quality.
   Jamie and Tom want to make sure that they're
working with like-minded spirits, that we're all
working together.  If you like our work, and you'd
like to work with us to create fiction of
above-average quality, then, like I said above, drop
one of us a line.

   BUT WHAT IF I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH?

   Oh, don't say that!  No one's good at the beginning
(well, very few are, anyway).  Everyone gets better
over time.  Look at Tom Russell.  Back in 1997, his
stuff was borderline incoherent (and sometimes, a
story would jump over that border).  But he stuck at
it and, over time, he improved.  Look at his work now.
 He won the 2005 RACCie for favourite author, and two
of his Eightfold series-- SPEAK! and THE GREEN
KNIGHT-- tied for best miniseries.  That's because he
stuck at it and got better.
   Don't be afraid that you're not good enough.  Tom's
a much better editor/script doctor than he is a
writer.  He's always willing to help out fellow
writers (and that's outside of Eightfold, too).
   And if it doesn't work out despite our best
efforts, it's not the end of the world.  Write for
another universe-- for the LNH (the longest-running
shared universe of USENET!) or do a story with a MISC
tag.  Simply by the act of writing, one gets better at
it.  And maybe one day-- in a few months, in a year,
who knows?-- you'll have gotten good enough to give
Eightfold another try.

   WHAT DO THE EIGHTFOLD TITLES HAVE IN COMMON?

   Two things for certain: one, they take place in the
same universe, which means that characters can meet,
team-up, et cetera.  Two, and this is foremost:
quality.
   Beyond that...
   There are some curious thematic overlaps between
some of the titles.  For example, SPEAK!, THE GREEN
KNIGHT, THE HOUSE OF FICTION, TEMPLATE, and the first
JOURNEY INTO... story all deal in a major way with the
death of a father figure, which has earned us the
colloquial sobriquet the Dead Parents Universe.
   In SPEAK!, THE HOUSE OF FICTION, TEMPLATE, and
INCARNATE, the characters all derive their power in
some way from the imagination, and these powers
require a bit of creativity on their parts.
   All of the Eightfold titles (so far) are concerned
in some way about the past, its ties to us, and what
those ties mean.  All of our titles so far have
investigated the usefulness of nostalgia, while Tom's
titles (for the most part) have also dealt with the
tropes of the Silver Age of Comics and its relevance
to today's super folk.
   And, a quick look at the roster will confirm that
we must have something against speedsters. :-)

   SO THIS IS A CAPES-AND-TIGHTS UNIVERSE?

   Well, there are people in capes and tights in
Eightfold, to be sure.  But they don't necessarily
define the entire shared universe.  HOUSE OF FICTION
would be the most obvious example of a story that has
nothing at all to do with four-colour heroes.
   The name of the game here is, we must stress,
quality and only quality.  You want to tell stories
about great heroes and epic battles?  Be our guests.
You want to tell the gripping soap opera tale of Real
People with Real Emotions?  We're looking forward to
it.  Are murder mysteries and police procedurals your
weapon of choice?  That's great!  You want to mark a
little corner of our world as Funny Animal Land?  We
love Funny Animals!!!
   We may be a closed universe, but we're ready to
welcome you with open arms.  So what are you waiting
for?  Drop us a line!

II. THE STORIES

The stories of the Eightfold Universe are summarized
here-in, in more-or-less the order they take place.
Now spoiler free.

INCARNATE by Jamie Rosen
MOST RECENT ISSUE: # 1

   A female being created by post-singularity humans,
she is their strength, virtue, potential and memory
Incarnate.  She finds herself (and her mental guide,
the Doctor) on earth in the year 1991.  Jamie tells us
that as the series progresses, she will run into some
heroes typical of early-nineties comics, thus
providing another glimpse at the meta-theme of comics
history and what makes a hero.

JOURNEY INTO... # 1 by Rosen & Russell

   JOURNEY INTO... is our anthology series, presenting
self-contained stories that don't necessarily fit into
one of the other on-going titles.  This story
introduces our first active superhero, Dr. Metronome,
and our first supervillain, Dr. Metronome.

SPEAK! by Tom Russell
RUN COMPLETED: # 1-9
WINNER: Favourite Miniseries, Best New Character
(Gregory Dingham) 2005 RACCies

   Gregory Dingham awakes one morning with a
mysterious new power: the ability to make things
happen simply by saying them aloud.  He discovers this
when he accidentally kills his own mother.  Afraid of
the responsibility this power gives him, he tries the
opposite tact: he robs a bank and runs away, falling
in with a just-released supervillain, Harry Cash.

TEMPLATE by Rosen
MOST RECENT ISSUE: # 3

   Billy Kidman returns to his hometown after the
death of his father, opening a bookstore and trying to
re-establish ties with family and old friends.  A bit
of a damper is put onto this by the discovery that
Billy's father was Template, Canada's premiere WWII
hero.  He is bequeathed his father's power belt,
costumed identity... and his enemies.  As to whether
or not Billy is going to take on that identity remains
to be seen...

THE HOUSE OF FICTION by Russell
MOST RECENT ISSUE: # 5

   Part memoir, part fourth-wall breaking empowerment
fantasy, the story of a writer who resurrects his dead
father simply by wishing him back to life defies any
coherent plot synopsis.  Of all the series in the
Eightfold canon, this is the one that currently best
exemplifies its "quality stories of all stripes"
motto.  This series is on an indefinite hiatus.

THE GREEN KNIGHT by Russell
MOST RECENT ISSUE: # 7; Annual # 1
WINNER: Favourite Miniseries, 2005 RACCies

   Ray Cradle, the millionaire superhero the Green
Knight, is estranged from both his biological son
Anders and his sidekick, Martin Rock.  Both of his
sons try to re-establish ties to this prickly old man
when they discover he is terminally ill with cancer.

JOURNEY INTO... # 2 by Russell

   Max Lang, the house-husband of superheroine Julie
Ann Justice, is tired of her world, tired of being
kidnapped, and tired of being rescued by her god-damn
cat.  This changes when, on his birthday, he is given
the powers of the Human Zeppelin.

THE NOSTALGICS by Russell
MOST RECENT ISSUE: # 2

   Jason Righteous is the man who betrayed the
Nostalgics and killed one of their members.  This
eight-issue series takes the form of his lengthy
confession, as both he and the reader try to discover
why he did it.

III. CONCEPTS AND TERMS

THE MASK STATEMENT, first introduced in THE GREEN
KNIGHT and most recently seen in TEMPLATE: a public
statement in which a hero admits his secret identity
and formerly announces his retirement.  The code of
honour that the four-colours adhere to prohibits a
villain from striking out at the hero or getting
revenge once the Mask Statement has been released.
(As to whether the villains honour this code, well,
that's another story.)  It can be a few short
paragraphs, a single declarative sentence, or even a
lengthy document chronicling particular important
adventures.  It is a hero's last chance to set the
record straight.

FOUR-COLOUR, MASK, COSTUMED HERO: various terms
introduced in case Marvel and DC win this asinine
copyright of all forms of the word superhero, thus
preventing us from being sued. :-)

IV. CHARACTER ROSTER-- HEROES

There have been many, many characters introduced in
the Eightfold Universe's first year, some of which
have only been mentioned in passing in a fit of
world-building.  If one of these bare-bones character
concepts interests you and you'd like to flesh them
out, let us know.
   A relevant note about APPEARANCES: we also include
notable mentions of that character, especially in the
case of the lesser-developed characters.  And,
touching on PERSONALITY: it's hard to sum up any
person, fictional or actual, in a couple of lines.
Especially in the cases of major characters, it's
important to read the stories themselves if you want
to get a handle on them.
   All these characters are the property of their
respective creators.  You should get the creator's
permission before using the character anyway, and
they'll be able to explain the character's personality
in greater depth than space and modesty allows here.
   It's that self-same tendency towards modesty that
prevents Tom "Throw-Away Character" Russell from
adding a CREATED BY line on this roster (and also the
fact that there is currently only Rosen and Russell to
contend with, making such a line somewhat
superfluous).  All creations of Jamie Rosen are thus
denoted with a handy asterisk.
   Characters are in alphabetical order, and arranged
into HEROES, VILLAINS, and NON SUPER-FOLK; when
someone has no codename, they are alphabetized by
their last name.  (An exception is Reilly from THE
NOSTALGICS, whose codename-- and last name-- hasn't
been revealed yet.  He is listed under UNREVEALED in
the HEROES section.)

Acro-Bat: see GREEN KNIGHT II

NAME: Captain Phantasm
REAL NAME: Unrevealed.
POWERS: Flight, concussive blasts.
PERSONALITY: Rigid, confident, at times bombastic and
florid in his speech.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Leader of the Seven Wonders.
APPEARANCES: JOURNEY INTO... # 2, THE NOSTALGICS # 1

NAME: Century Man
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: The spear of destiny made him undefeatable and
functionally immortal as long as it remained in his
possession.
PERSONALITY: Heroic and grandiose.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Deceased, having lost the spear in a manner
undisclosed.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 3

NAME: Connection
REAL NAME: Jason Righteous
POWERS: Mental communication with all non-human life.
PERSONALITY: Cut off from humanity and codependent.
Prone to sensory overloads and panic attacks.
Non-verbal until the age of nine; highly verbal
thereafter.  Diagnosed in childhood as autistic.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Traitor of the Nostalgics.
APPEARANCES: THE NOSTALGICS # 1-

NAME: Critical Mach
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Speedster.
PERSONALITY: Unknown.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Unknown.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 4

NAME: Darkhorse
REAL NAME: Phillip Whaley
POWERS: Speedster.
PERSONALITY: Cocky.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Retired, lost his powers in battle with
Gregory Dingham.  Former member of the Seven Wonders.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 7, THE GREEN KNIGHT # 3

NAME: Doc Quantum
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Unknown.
PERSONALITY: Eccentric scientist.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Solo hero.
APPEARANCES: JOURNEY INTO... # 2

HERO NAME: Docrates, the Mighty Supragato
REAL NAME: None.  He is a cat.
POWERS: The most powerful being in the universe, he
has a vast array of powers including flight,
invulnerability, indestructible hairballs, heat
vision, telepathy, concussive force, mastery of atomic
structure.
PERSONALITY: Dedicated and cheerful.  Likes to sleep.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Pet of Julie Ann Justice, member in good
standing of the Mammal Militia.
APPEARANCES: JOURNEY INTO... # 2

NAME: Dr. Metronome II*
REAL NAME: Katie Morgan
POWERS: Power belt gives her complete control of her
density.
PERSONALITY: Never, ever, ever gives up.  Dedicated to
her family.
GENDER: Female.
STATUS: Solo hero, though she's had many offers from
teams.
APPEARANCES: JOURNEY INTO... # 1, SPEAK! # 7-9

NAME: Fahrenheit Man
REAL NAME: Peter [last name unrevealed]
POWERS: Flight, able to generate intense heat and
flame.
PERSONALITY: Dedicated, no-nonsense.  Less formal with
his close friends, such as the Human Zeppelin.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Member of the Seven Wonders.
APPEARANCES: JOURNEY INTO... # 2

NAME: Fast-Fwd
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Presumably, a speedster.
PERSONALITY: Idealistic, girl-empowering.
GENDER: Female.
STATUS: Life-threatening weight-gain, a result (though
she doesn't know it) of the actions of Gregory
Dingham.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 4

NAME: Fightin' Jack
REAL NAME: None.  He is a dog.
POWERS: Flight, super-strength, speech.
PERSONALITY: Somewhat square.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Member of the Mammal Militia.
APPEARANCES: JOURNEY INTO... # 2

NAME: Fleetfeet
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Speedster.
PERSONALITY: Unknown; implied streak of
self-righteousness.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Deceased.
APPEARANCES: THE NOSTALGICS # 2

NAME: Green Knight
REAL NAME: Ray Cradle
POWERS: None.  Expertly trained detective with a horde
of gadgets including gas pellets, grapple guns,
infrared and microscopic lenses.
PERSONALITY: Prickly and paranoid.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Deceased.
APPEARANCES: THE GREEN KNIGHT # 1-7

NAME: Green Knight II
REAL NAME: Martin Rock
POWERS: None.  An incredible gymnast/acrobat and a
master of disguise.
PERSONALITY: Sullen and cynical, only starting to
rediscover the joy of being a four-colour, a role he
is still uncomfortable with.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Solo hero.
APPEARANCES: THE GREEN KNIGHT # 1-7

NAME: Happenstance.
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Unknown.
PERSONALITY: Ditzy.
GENDER: Female.
STATUS: Solo hero.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 4

NAME: Human Zeppelin
REAL NAME: Max Lang
POWERS: Able to levitate himself by expanding his body
into a durable balloon or zeppelin shape.
PERSONALITY: Somewhat sarcastic.  Joyful about
superheroing.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Solo hero.  Husband of Julie Ann Justice.
APPEARANCES: JOURNEY INTO... # 2

NAME: Journeyman*
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Unknown.
PERSONALITY: Unknown.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Disappeared.  He was Eightfold's biggest and
most important hero.  One day, Jamie and Tom will tell
his tale...
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 2

NAME: Julie Ann Justice
REAL NAME: Julie Ann Justice
POWERS: Flight, super-strength, nigh-invulnerable.
PERSONALITY: Somewhat flirty and occasionally a wet
blanket.
GENDER: Female.
STATUS: Member of the Seven Wonders, wife of Human
Zeppelin, owner of Docrates.
APPEARANCES: JOURNEY INTO... # 2

NAME: Living Virus
REAL NAME: David Rossi.
POWERS: Psionic symbiosis with a highly-evolved and
incurable virus created by his body.  He can infect
others with this virus, and controls the speed and
seriousness of the infection.
PERSONALITY: Dark, brooding, stand-offish.  A former
villain.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Member of the Nostalgics.
APPEARANCES: THE NOSTALGICS # 2-

NAME: Loris, the Nocturnal
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Unknown.
PERSONALITY: Unknown.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Deceased, popularly regarded as the first hero
to have lost their life in battle.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 6

Mask with no name: see GREEN KNIGHT II

NAME: Menlo Parker
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: None.  Celebrated gadgeteer.
PERSONALITY: Unknown.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Retired, possibly deceased.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 2

NAME: Ogress
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Unknown.
PERSONALITY: Argumentative.
GENDER: Female.
STATUS: Member of the Seven Wonders.
APPEARANCES: JOURNEY INTO... # 2

NAME: Pachyderm
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: None.  Dressed like an elephant, he possesses
a telescoping highly-maneuverable trunk-like weapon.
PERSONALITY: Surly.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Hospitalized, having sustained severe anal
injuries in battle with Gregory Dingham.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 7

NAME: Red Surge*
REAL NAME: Steve Green
POWERS: Unknown.
PERSONALITY: Helpful, officious.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Special agent of the Royal Canadian Mounted
Police.
APPEARANCES: TEMPLATE # 3

NAME: Spectra
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Unknown.
PERSONALITY: Optimistic.
GENDER: Female.
STATUS: Member of the Seven Wonders.
APPEARANCES: JOURNEY INTO... # 2

NAME: Sproing
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Kinetic bouncing.
PERSONALITY: Annoying, needy, self-pitying,
egotistical.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Former member of the Seven Wonders, kicked out
after a drunk driving incident that cost a woman's
life.
APPEARANCES: JOURNEY INTO... # 2, THE NOSTALGICS # 2-

NAME: Sun-Rider
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Unknown.  Based on power gauntlets.
PERSONALITY: Unknown.
GENDER: Unknown.
STATUS: Presumably deceased.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 6

NAME: Template*
REAL NAME: [first name unknown] Kidman.
POWERS: Power belt allows the user to duplicate any
feat, within reason, from literature: for example,
after reading the Musketeers, one can swashbuckle with
the best of them.
PERSONALITY: Sober, encourages happiness.  "When I
pass on, you'd better celebrate my life: there's been
more than enough sorrow in this world already."
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Deceased.
APPEARANCES: TEMPLATE # 1-

NAME: Two-in-One
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Unknown.  The Two-in-One is able to split into
two distinct bodies/personalities, each with their own
powers; in his merged form, he has both sets of powers
at his disposal.
PERSONALITY: Has identity issues; in his two separate
bodies, he possesses dichomotically opposed
personalities: one more interested in saving lives,
the other in fighting villains.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Retired.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 6

NAME: Unrevealed.
REAL NAME: Reilly [last name unrevealed]
POWERS: Flight, the ability to alter the atomic
structure of matter.
PERSONALITY: Martyr complex, needy in his own way.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Member of the Nostalgics.
APPEARANCES: THE NOSTALGICS # 1-

V. CHARACTER ROSTER-- VILLAINS

NAME: Baron Foxhound
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Unknown.
PERSONALITY: Megalomaniac.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Unknown.
APPEARANCES: JOURNEY INTO... # 2

NAME: Dingham, Gregory
POWERS: Can make anything happen just by saying in out
loud; self-imposed limit on this power prevents
directly killing another person, or breaking dinner
plates.
PERSONALITY: Transgressive.  Ostensibly intelligent
and introspective, he often acts against his own
personality, making him hard to pin down.  In moments
of panic, a particularly violent and brutal (and
somewhat misogynistic) streak is evident.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: In custody, awaiting trial.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 1-9

NAME: Cloning Contessa
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: None.  Criminal geneticist.
PERSONALITY: Murderously insane, from good breeding
stock.
GENDER: Female.
STATUS: In custody.
APPEARANCES: JOURNEY INTO... # 2

NAME: Fish-Monger
REAL NAME: Larry [last name unrevealed]
POWERS: Controls all aquatic life.
PERSONALITY: Self-important, talks too much.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Deceased, slain by Fish-Monger II.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 2

NAME: Fish-Monger II
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Controls all aquatic life.
PERSONALITY: Violent, no-nonsense.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Deceased, heart attack.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 2

NAME: Gas-Man
REAL NAME: Harry Cash
POWERS: None; his suit of armour enables flight and
feats of incredible strength.  It is implied that he
used gas pellets in the past as weapons.
PERSONALITY: A born storyteller, dedicated to the code
of supervillain honour, unhappy with the failures of
his life.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Deceased.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 2-9

NAME: High Death Queen Victoria
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Unknown.
PERSONALITY: Imperious and haughty.
GENDER: Female.
STATUS: Overthrown despot of an anti-matter universe.
APPEARANCES: JOURNEY INTO... # 2

NAME: Hutter, Terrence*
POWERS: Undisclosed, if any.
PERSONALITY: Vengeful, arrogant, melodramatic.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: The grandson of a villain defeated by
Template, he blames that hero-- and by extension, his
son Billy-- for his family's misfortunes.
APPEARANCES: TEMPLATE # 1

NAME: Professor Rockhopper
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: None.  Renown gadgeteer and inventor.
PERSONALITY: Obsessive and orderly.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Unknown.  Former nemesis of the Green Knight
and Critical Mach.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 4, THE GREEN KNIGHT # 6

NAME: Psychopomp
REAL NAME: Steven Kane
POWERS: Teleportation, the summoning of flames,
knife-sharp fingertips.  He sold his soul to the devil
for the powers of hell.
PERSONALITY: Sick and twisted.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: In custody, for the time being.  Archnemisis
of the Green Knight.
APPEARANCES: THE GREEN KNIGHT # 4, 6

NAME: Gene Ranunculus
REAL NAME: Unknown
POWERS: None.  Criminal geneticist.
PERSONALITY: Murderously insane; comes from bad
breeding stock.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: In custody.
APPEARANCES: JOURNEY INTO... # 1

NAME: Totmacher
REAL NAME: Unknown
POWERS: Unknown
PERSONALITY: Unknown
GENDER: Unknown
STATUS: Unknown
APPEARANCES: TEMPLATE # 3

VI. CHARACTER ROSTER-- OTHER

NAME: Cradle, Anders (Anders Ray Cradle III)
POWERS: None.
PERSONALITY: Distant and emotionally dead, until his
father's death reawakened his emotions.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Heir to the fortune of his (late) father, the
first Green Knight.  Not on speaking terms with the
second Green Knight.
APPEARANCES: THE GREEN KNIGHT # 1-3, 5, 7

NAME: Creamy Spatial
REAL NAME: Unknown.
POWERS: Pocket universe within her vagina.
PERSONALITY: Perky, helpful, eager to please.
GENDER: Female.
STATUS: Super-Porn Star.
APPEARANCES: THE NOSTALGICS # 2

NAME: Fiction, Kevin
POWERS: Possibly, he can control his father's
reanimated corpse.  It remains to be seen whether this
is a power he possesses, or a condition of his
father's resurrection.
PERSONALITY: Chameleon.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: On the lam, with his father and dog.
APPEARANCES: HOUSE OF FICTION # 1-5

NAME: Fiction, Tom
POWERS: Possibly existing in a reality outside of the
Eightfold Universe, he is able to rearrange reality
within the Eightfold Universe to suit his whims and
desires.
PERSONALITY: Sarcastic, introspective, angry.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Unknown.
APPEARANCES: HOUSE OF FICTION # 1-5

NAME: Goodman, Elliot
POWERS: None.
PERSONALITY: Manipulative and child-like.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Founder of the Nostalgics.
APPEARANCES: SPEAK! # 5-6, THE NOSTALGICS # 2

NAME: Kidman, Billy*
POWERS: None.
PERSONALITY: Down to earth, doesn't want to make
waves.  A bibliophile, he isn't sure if he wants to
take on the mantle of his father, Template.
GENDER: Male.
STATUS: Not a hero-- not yet, anyway...
APPEARANCES: TEMPLATE # 1-

VII. CONTACT INFORMATION

If you have any other questions, or wish to write for
Eightfold, please drop us a line.

Jamie Rosen  jamie.rosen at sunlife.com
Tom Russell   milos_parker at yahoo.com

---

Tom Russell
Director of MILOS, LIFE AND TIMES OF A DREAMER
Limited autographed dvds now on sale, directly from the filmmaker

"In the beginning, Milos seems to have no clue how to relate
 to anyone.  He is quizzical, leaving the viewer questioning
 and wondering..."
  -- Ryan M. Niemiec, co-author of MOVIES AND MENTAL ILLNESS

--

"If a comic book, book, movie or novel is not somebody's fantasy
then who wrote it and to whom does it appeal to?  In order for a