LNH: Onion Lad #9

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 16 20:51:47 PDT 2006

in article BAY106-F312B122D95972F88F233C1CA830 at phx.gbl, Saxon Brenton at
saxonbrenton at hotmail.com wrote on 6/15/06 5:13 PM:

> On Thursday 15 June 2006 Tom Russell <milos_parker at yahoo.com>
> commented on Onion Lad #9:

>> I'm not sure what the reservation status is on aLLiterative Lass.  If
>> I'm not mistaken, Charles Fitzgerald was fairly protective of aLL and
>> New Look Lass.
>>
>> At the same time, what with her marriage to Cheesecake-Eater Lad, she
>> might be like Organic Lass: I mean, when either of their husbands are
>> threatened, it'd only make sense for them to show up, right?  Any
>> thoughts from the group on this?
>
> You're right that he was very protective of her.  By rights we other
> writers probably should have had Cheesecake-Eater Lad break up (off
> panel, I suppose) with her so that there wasn't any temptation to
> have to use her because she was affiliated with Cheesecake-Eater
> Lad.  But we didn't, and - increment by increment - she's ended
> up married to him and the mother of his child.  Now she's in the rather
> strange position that, even if we want to not use AL too much out of
> respect for Charles' preferences, we've already altered her to the point
> where, if we're going to treat Cheesecake-Eater Lad as a rounded
> character, then occasionally is love life/family life is going to addressed,
> which means using aLLiterative Lass.  To me that suggests using her
> only sparingly in respectful guest appearnces without significantly
> changing her status quo - and by that token her appearance in OL#9
> is no worse than any other (the mangled dialogue aside, of course).

Well that's assuming Cheesecake Eater Lad is indeed married to
aLLiterative Lass and not say some cloned-shape-shifting-alien-robot-
duplicate from an alternate future where the all the LNH has been
replaced with cloned-shape-shifting-alien-robot-duplicates from alternate
futures.

Charles Fitzgerald's website still works...
http://home.sprintmail.com/~cfitzgerald/
which lists his e-mail as being...
cfitzgerald at sprintmail.com
assuming it still works someone could
check with him if they want...

Arthur "Quote quit quietly quickly" Spitzer