LNH: Onion Lad #9

martinphipps2 at yahoo.com martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 05:30:01 PDT 2006

Tom Russell wrote:
> Jesse Willey wrote:
> >Tom wrote:
> > > Um.  That was six years ago.  I think, by now, that
> > > Cheesecake-Eater
> > > Lad has learned his lesson.  After all, he
> > > inadvertantly created
> > > Student Driver Lass in his original revenge scheme,
> > > and met up with
> > > Simon Velcro as a direct result of that.  By the end
> > > of that one, I
> > > think he realized that his revenge scheme was quite
> > > futile.
> >
> >   Yes, which why he claimed hitting Onion Lad with a
> > pie thinking he was hitting Vel as his revenge.
> > Because he knew he'd never get another shot.

> I didn't get
> the gag.

I didn't either but I didn't have the same problem you had.  Basicly, I
assumed that Cheesecake Eater Lad, after the fact, decided that Onion
Lad had gotten what he deserved and that this provided him with
closure.  For readers familiar with their history, this was a good
example of continuity and characterisation.

Martin

PS: Buddha was fat!  4 billion offended readers and counting!  Most
offensive thread of all time!