8FOLD/PROMO: Jason Righteous on his fellow Nostalgics

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 15 08:32:25 PDT 2006

JASON RIGHTEOUS ON HIS FELLOW
||  | ||| ||| |||  |  ||  |||| || ||| |||
||| | | | ||   |  | | ||  |       |   ||
|  || | |  ||  |  |-| ||  | || || |    ||
|   | ||| |||  |  | | ||| |||| || ||| |||...

1. DISGRACED HERO

He did the same exact thing I did, he was making this
joke at her expense, only he didn't creep her out and
I did.  And that was the way he was.  He said things
and did things that were infinitely worse than
anything I did, but everybody loved him for it.  It
seemed like he always came out on top, while I was
always the guy that was gerrymandered in.

2. REFORMED VILLAIN

   He was prattling on about how he had made a
mistake.  But once he got his head straightened out
(he didn't say "jail" but he thought it, it
telegraphed into my brain complete with him dark and
moody on his cot), he put all that behind him.  He
hadn't made up for it yet, but he was trying.
   "Now," he said, "if you have a problem with me and
my past, then you better let me know now."
   I told him what the problem was.  "You're making me
sick!"

3. LOYAL FRIEND

I screamed out loud, jumping backwards and clinging to
my chair.  He put a hand on my shoulder and told me to
calm down.  After a few tense minutes, I was calm even
though the noise was getting louder.  To me, that was
always his best super-power.  Not flying.  Not mucking
around with atoms.  But the ability to calm me down.

4. THE TRAITOR

   Sometimes I wish I could just let myself go.  The
tension and strain is unbearable: so why bear it?
When I freak out, there's a certain relief, not just
for myself, but for everyone else.  It's a lot easier
to deal with me when I have an episode than to be
waiting ominously for the shoe to drop.

WHO ARE
|T||  | ||| ||| |||  |  ||  |||| || ||| |||
|H||| | | | ||   |  | | ||  |       |   ||
|E|  || | |  ||  |  |-| ||  | || || |    ||
|||   | ||| |||  |  | | ||| |||| || ||| |||?

Find out in our second issue, "Inherently
Disconcerting".  Until then, be on the look-out for
more clues and be sure to enter our contest!

---

Tom Russell
Director of MILOS, LIFE AND TIMES OF A DREAMER
Limited autographed dvds now on sale, directly from the filmmaker

"In the beginning, Milos seems to have no clue how to relate
 to anyone.  He is quizzical, leaving the viewer questioning
 and wondering..."
  -- Ryan M. Niemiec, co-author of MOVIES AND MENTAL ILLNESS

--

"If a comic book, book, movie or novel is not somebody's fantasy
then who wrote it and to whom does it appeal to?  In order for a