[REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #29 - May 2006 [spoilers]

martinphipps2 at yahoo.com martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 19:14:52 PDT 2006

Saxon Brenton wrote:
> On Monday 12 June 2006 Martin Phipps < martinphipps2 at yahoo.com>
> replied:
>
> [...]
>
> >Good catch!  Assuming Jerry knows of other adjectives other than
> >"lilting" and "mechanical" then it would appear that the people we saw
> >at the beginning of 1 and end of 3 are one in the same.  But that would
> >either mean they are not aliens or that there are aliens living amongst
> >us in disguise.  After all, how do aliens go about depositing money
> >into someone's bank account?
>
> I'd have to back and double check, but Jerry's prose is of sufficiently
> good quality, and IIRC 'lilting' is only used in those two occasions out
> of a lengthy 4 part document, that I think those two occurences are
> deliberate links rather than coincidence.

I was being fasicious.  A "strange metallic sounding voice" was also
mentioned in Part 2.

> I have to point out however that while there might be aliens living
> among humanity in this setting, it's also possible that this/these
> person/people may simply be faking being aliens. I'll have to wait
> and see on that score.

Of course, technically, the strange man didn't come out and say he was
an alien, did he?  I think Roz just assumed he was.  They could be
something else, like a highly advanced race of humans living amongst
us.

Martin