LNH: Vel #17 -- Final Issue

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 8 08:21:14 PDT 2006

Hmm.  The final issue of Vel.

Generally, I think the final issue of a series should wrap things up.
And I guess this one does that, to the extent that any Willey story
wraps up, allowing of course for it being part of a crossover.

But the ending struck me as a bit unsatisfactory.  It was more X-FACTOR
# 149 than, say, WATCHMEN # 12.

Granted, I'm not anyone to talk; the endings to my stories are often
shorter than the build-up, just as sudden, and not particularly
satisfactory.  I have a lot of trouble with endings, and, to a certain
degree, beginnings.

I guess I'm alright at the middle. :-P

> Lad created by Tom Russell Jnr. and Dane Martin.  aLLiterative Lass,
> Cheesecake Eater Lad and Ultimate Ninja created by wReam.   Monark is

Actually, no: aLLiterative Lass is the creation of Charles Fitzgerald.

> public domain.

Where did this Monark first appear, incidentally?  Because I've only
seen him in your stories, Jesse. :-)

--Tom