META: The Greats: Omega Edition

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 1 18:20:45 PDT 2006

in article 1149180834.576853.51240 at i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, Tom Russell
at milos_parker at yahoo.com wrote on 6/1/06 9:54 AM:

> At any rate, I'd like to read more OMEGA stories, and so I'm asking
> you, the RACC reader, to highlight those characters, series, arcs, and
> issues that are the creme de la creme: the ones that can't afford to be
> missed: The Greats.
>
> --Tom

The best Omega Miniseries I think was
Marc Singer's Epitaphs.

Nice story about the immortal called Hannibal's
life.

http://archives.eyrie.org/racc/omega/Epitaphs/

Legacy was very good.  The Warren issue was
good and the Fix Saga (which I can't remember
what issues those were) was also fun.

http://archives.eyrie.org/racc/omega/Legacy/

I think Tempest was my favorite Omega series.

Issue #10 is very good, but you probably need
to read all the issues before it to get the
full impact.

Some of Badger's best writing.

http://archives.eyrie.org/racc/omega/Tempest/

The First Tempest Annual had a rather funny
parody of the Comic Industry that Marc Singer
wrote.  Frank Miller, Alan Moore, Rob Liefeld
and others take their shot at writing
Tempest.

http://archives.eyrie.org/racc/omega/Tempest/Tempest.Annual.01.gz

Jeff McCoskey's Voyeur was very good.  The three parter
Triage is Jeff's best non-LNH work.  I think that
was #5-7 (can't remember).  Very good though.

http://archives.eyrie.org/racc/omega/Voyeur/

My favorite Omega crossover was Tazakles Gambit.

Marc Singer, Badger, and Chad Imbrogno did a very
well constructed Crossover.

The issue involving the Omega named Warren was probably
one of the best single issues.

http://archives.eyrie.org/racc/omega/TEBs/Tazakles.Gambit.TEB.gz

The first time I read Rig Veda I hated it, but the second time
I read it I thought it was pretty good.

http://archives.eyrie.org/racc/omega/TEBs/Rig.Veda.TEB.gz

Covenant and Pulse were good too.

http://archives.eyrie.org/racc/omega/Covenant/

http://archives.eyrie.org/racc/omega/Pulse/

Arthur "Big Brother is not reading this" Spitzer