[REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #30 - June 2006 [spoilers]

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at haven.eyrie.org
Mon Jul 10 19:56:12 PDT 2006

In article <BAY106-F1C8DB7BD25B2D3EE3A24ACA6B0 at phx.gbl>,
Saxon Brenton <saxonbrenton at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Academy of Super Heroes #69  [ASH]
>'Beetle Battle'   (Manifest Destiny  part 5)
>An Academy of Super-Heroes [ASH] series
>by Dave Van Domelon

     Van Domelen.  :)

>(At first I wondered if perhaps the 'Beetle Battle' was an additional,
>metaphorical, reference to conflicting searches for Gimble).

     And here's where the whole postmodern "authorial intent need not be paid
attention to" idea gains some credence.  I really didn't think of that at
ALL, but it works just fine.  :)

>Limerick Lass #1-2
>A Legion of Net.Heroes [LNH] series
>by Dave Van Domelon
>
>     Oh dear.  First gorillas speaking in haiku, then lemurs speaking
>in limericks, then villains speaking in villanelles, now more characters
>speaking in limericks.  What did I say in the intro to last issue about
>RACC participants having no self-control and posting whatever shiny idea
>grabs their attention?

     Oooh, pretties.  Actually, I'd totally forgotten about Lim'rick Lemur
when I posted LL #1-2...and finding out about it kinda took the wind out of
my sails.  Hence no LL #3.

     Dave Van Domelen, pondering an Acrostic Kid, but trying to decide on
what to make it an acrostic OF.  Maybe the title.