LNH/META: A Brief History of Reception at LNHHQ

martinphipps2 at yahoo.com martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 15:22:48 PST 2006

Tom Russell wrote:
> martinphipps2 at yahoo.com wrote:
> > Tom Russell wrote:
> > > A BRIEF HISTORY OF RECEPTION AT LNHHQ
> > > A HANDY-DANDY REFERENCE DOCUMENT
> > > COBBLED TOGETHER WITH THE HELP OF GOOGLE
> > > BY TOM RUSSELL
> > >
> > >    The earliest appearance I could find of a
> > > receptionist working for the Legion of the Net. Heroes
> > > was in Martin Phipps's GIRLS NIGHT OUT, which I came
> > > across as part of THE DUMBEST LEGION STORIES EVER TOLD
> > > (Phipps, January 17, 1993).
> >
> > There's a problem.  Using Google, LNH posts prior to January 17th, 1993
> > are a bit spotty.  I couldn't find any LNH posts at all prior to July
> > 5th, 1992, so the original Cosmic Plot Device Caper posts from May,
> > 1992 are, in fact, gone from Google and are only saved by reposts or
> > the eyrie archives.  Even some posts after January 17th, 1993 are
> > missing: I couldn't, for example, find my original posting of LNH #70
> > (part two of Acts of Violence) in which Crystal made a named
> > appearance.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out, Martin.  I did locate some of the
> original LNH thread and the original LNH story in google group
> rec.arts.comics, not rec.arts.comics.misc-- but as to how complete this
> is, I'm not sure.

Doh!  That's right.  rec.arts.comics.misc was created during the summer
of 1992.  There was no rec.arts.comics.misc before then, let alone LNH
realted posts.  Still, there's a lot of LNH stuff missing from late
1992.  I don't know how much help the eyrie archives will be for the
older posts because a lot of those posts were only saved as TEBs so you
wouldn't be able to figure out when they were originally posted.

Martin