LNH/META: A Brief History of Reception at LNHHQ

martinphipps2 at yahoo.com martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 00:01:38 PST 2006

Tom Russell wrote:
> A BRIEF HISTORY OF RECEPTION AT LNHHQ
> A HANDY-DANDY REFERENCE DOCUMENT
> COBBLED TOGETHER WITH THE HELP OF GOOGLE
> BY TOM RUSSELL
>
>    The earliest appearance I could find of a
> receptionist working for the Legion of the Net. Heroes
> was in Martin Phipps's GIRLS NIGHT OUT, which I came
> across as part of THE DUMBEST LEGION STORIES EVER TOLD
> (Phipps, January 17, 1993).

There's a problem.  Using Google, LNH posts prior to January 17th, 1993
are a bit spotty.  I couldn't find any LNH posts at all prior to July
5th, 1992, so the original Cosmic Plot Device Caper posts from May,
1992 are, in fact, gone from Google and are only saved by reposts or
the eyrie archives.  Even some posts after January 17th, 1993 are
missing: I couldn't, for example, find my original posting of LNH #70
(part two of Acts of Violence) in which Crystal made a named
appearance.

In any case, the first appearance of the receptionist was in Tales of
the LNH #278 by Hubert Bartles.  I can't find the original post but I
know it was posted prior to January 17th, 1993.  In fact, I satirized
Hubert's description of the LNH Lobby in a January 18th story I posted.
 I can't find the story where I first mentioned the Lobby: again, it
would have been sometime in Janauary, 1993.  I didn't mention the
receptionist at all in Girls Night Out so I'm not sure how it came up
in your Google search.

Anyway, I have to get back to work.

Martin