[RACCies] 2005 Official RACCies ballot (2nd posting)

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 14 18:17:55 PST 2006

[RACCies] 2005 Official RACCies ballot (2nd posting)

Halfway through the voting period, and five people have
responded.  Woot!  However, I need more responses, as there
are a number of ties which could probably be resolved by the
application of more crunched numbers.

The (r)ACCIES are a two-step process:
1.  Nominations.  Open.  The only restriction is that you may not
nominate yourself or any stories you worked on.  (I will except
crossovers under the assumption it is the others' contributions you
wish to recognize ;] ).  The objective is to overlook _no_ quality
stories, yet still keep the ballot a reasonable length, so nominate
as many as you wish but make sure _someone'd_ vote for them.
In addition to the below listed categories, participants are
encouraged to create 'special' (read -- comedic) awards to include
in the balloting.  Include a winner with your award.  I will exert
editorial fiat over these nominations, choosing the funniest among
duplicates and dismissing ones in bad taste or ones with vicious
intent.  Nominations are RACC-wide: all posted imprints, stories
and authors are eligible as long as the story(ies) in question were
posted after 23 DEC 2004 and before 24 DEC 2005.

        Nomination Period ends: JAN 31 2006

2.  Elections.  Crunch time.  Pick three and rank them 1,2,3
(no self-voting).  Track and field scoring in effect -- ie 1st is 5pts,
2nd is 3pts and 3rd is 1pt.  Most points wins. Democracy inaction!

        Election Period ends: FEB 28 2006

NOTE:  Please return all nominations and ballots to
saxonbren... at hotmail.com

============================== clip & return======================

RACC1.  FAVORITE WRITER:
   Saxon BRENTON
   Jamas ENRIGHT
   Rick HINDLE
   Jessica IHIMAERA-SMILER
   Tim MUNN
   Andrew PERRON
   Martin PHIPPS
   Jamie ROSEN
   Tom RUSSELL
   Arthur SPITZER
   Dave VAN DOMELEN
   Jesse WILLEY

RACC2.  FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES:  as billed, not implemented
   Academy of SuperHeroes  [ASH]
   Alt.Riders  [LNH]
   Continuing Misadventures of Miss Translation  [LNH]
   Deja Dude / Master Blaster Special  [LNH]
   Godling  [Misc]
   Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2  [LNH]
   Limp-Asparagus Lad  [LNH]
   Looniverse Y  [LNHY]
   Onion Lad  [LNH]
   Scenes From The Life Of Possible Man  [Misc]
   Teenfactor  [LNH]
   Vel  [LNH]
   Writers Block Woman (and Mouse)  [LNH]

RACC3.  FAVORITE MINI-SERIES:  12 issues or less, including one-shots
   Green Knight  [8FOLD]
   House Of Fiction  [8FOLD]
   The Last Night Show With Peelix The Cat  [LNH]
   Legends Of The Eternal World  [Misc]
   LNH Asia: The Week After Next  [LNH2]
   Road To Killfile Wars  [LNH]
   Speak!  [8FOLD]
   War Without Worlds  [LNH]

RACC4.  FAVORITE ARC: multi-issue storyline that is NOT RACC3
   Alt.Riders 36-41 - 'What I Did On My Holidays' arc  [LNH]
   Just Imagine Saxon Brenton's RACCies - cascade  [LNH]
   Legion of Net.Heroes Vol.2 #4-5 - Gorilla Pirates of the Subway  [LNH]

RACC5.  FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE:
   Fox.Net Special: The Alt.Riders Exposed!  [LNH]
   From The Files of Doctor Stomper #6 - retcons reviewed  [LNH]
   Legion of Net.Heroes Volume.2 #10 - Frat Boy is gay  [LNH]
   Legion of Net.Heroes Volume.2 #12 - abuse of WikiBoy  [LNH]
   LNH Asia: The Week After Next #4 - heroes grappling with their own
        impotence in the face of tragedy  [LNH2]
   Looniver Y #5 - Kid Kicked Out becomes a woman  [LNHY]
   Scenes In The Life Of Possible Man #1 - introduction  [Misc]
   Template #2 - a week in the book shop  [8FOLD]
   War Without Worlds #1  [LNH]
   War Without Worlds #2  [LNH]

RACC6.  FAVORITE HERO/PROTAGONIST:
   Google.mesh  [LNHY]
   Green Knight  [8FOLD]
   Gregory Dingham  [8FOLD]
   Harry Cash  [8FOLD]
   Onion Lad  [LNH]
   Miss Translation  [LNH]
   Missy  [LNH]
   Peregryn  [ASH]
   Tom Fiction  [8FOLD]
   Vel  [LNH]
   WikiBoy  [LNH]
   Ultimate Ninja  [LNH]

RACC7.  FAVORITE VILLAIN/ANTAGONIST:
   E. Forbes Smiley III  [LNH]
   Fox.Net  [LNH]
   Gorilla Pirate Queen  [LNH]
   Harry Cash/Gas Man  [8FOLD]
   Inhilators  [LNH]
   Kevin Fiction  [8FOLD]
   Screw You Over Lad  [LNH]
   Terrence Hutter  [8FOLD]
   Tsar Chasm  [LNH]

RACC8.  FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER:
   The Acrobat  [8FOLD]
   Bad-Timing Boy  [LNH]
   Dalton Asters  [LNH]
   Kid-Not-Appearing-In-Any-Retcon-Hour-Story  [LNH]
   Master Blaster  [LNH]
   Sandy  [8FOLD]

RACC9.  FAVORITE NEW CHARACTER:
   Dalton Asters  [LNH]
   Gregory Dingham  [8FOLD]
   Lillie  [LNH]
   Possible Man  [Misc]
   Sandy  [8FOLD]
   WikiBoy  [LNH]

RACC10.  FAVORITE PARODY/COMEDY:  series or one-shot across all imprints
   Continuing Misadventures Of Miss Translation  [LNH]
   Deja Dude/Master Blaster Special  [LNH]
   The Last Night Show With Peelix The Cat  [LNH]
   Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2  [LNH]
   Limp-Asparagus Lad  [LNH]
   Looniverse Y  [LNHY]
   Scenes From The Life Of Possible Man  [Misc]
   Writer's Block Woman (and Mouse)  [LNH]

RACC11.  FAVORITE ACRAPHOBE/ADULT OFFERING:  ditto, but serious
   Alt.Riders  [LNH]
   Green Knight  [8FOLD]
   House Of Fiction  [8FOLD]
   Road To Killfile Wars  [LNH]
   Speak!  [8FOLD]
   Teenfactor  [LNH]
   Vel  [LNH]

RACC12.  FAVORITE REVIEW TITLE:
   Because I'm Bored Reviews
   End Of Month Reviews
   Tom Russell's occasion essays (Phippsian Reader; Come Back, Giant Robot)

RACC13.  FAVORITE STORY UNIVERSE:
   8FOLD
   ASH
   LNH
   LNH2
   LNHY
   MISC

RACC14.  FAVORITE PERSON WHO HANGS OUT ON RACC:
   Russ ALLBERRY (Eagle)
   Saxon BRENTON
   Brian PERLER (Obscure Trivia Lad)
   Martin PHIPPS
   Jamie ROSEN

RACC15.  BEST FLAMEWAR:  by thread, not instigator
   Geo-politics of LNH Asia
   Should we not have the ACCies (alt.comics.lnh awards) this year?
   There Were No Flame Wars This Year, Let's Replace It With The RACC
          Peace Prize, Awardable To All Of Us

RACC16.  FAVORITE RUNNING GAG:
   Apes
   Looniversal Answering Machine winning favourite person who hangs out
         on alt.comics.lnh
   Pointless Awards Man I is still in the closet
   'Speak!" parodies in Deja Dude/Master Blaster

RACC17.  MOST IMPROVED AUTHOR:  from 23 DEC 2004 to present
   Jamas ENRIGHT
   Tim  MUNN
   Martin PHIPPS
   Jamie ROSEN
   Tom RUSSELL
   Arthur SPITZER
   Jesse WILLEY

RACC18.  FAVORITE NEW WRITER:  first RACC posting after 23 DEC 2004
   {no eligibles}

RACC19.  FAVORITE NEW TITLE:  same as RACC 2, issue #1 after 23 DEC 2004
   C.O.S.T. (Covert Operations Strike Team)  [Misc]
   Green Knight  [8FOLD]
   Legion Of Net.Heroes Volume 2  [LNH]
   Scenes In The Life Of Possible Man  [Misc]

THE RABBIT-BREEDERS CUP -- Awarded to the most prolific writer
in this or _any_ fanfic forum.  We're measuring volume, folks.
   Jamas ENRIGHT
   Martin PHIPPS
   Tom RUSSELL
   Jesse WILLEY

THE JOHNNY SAKO "COME BACK GIANT ROBOT, COME BACK" LOVING CUP
-- for the RACC Writer that is most sorely missed
   Paul HARDY
   Kevin WILCOX
   Everyone

THE IMAGE TESTIMONIAL TIMEPIECE (BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED) --
For that author whose works are most consistently late.
   Saxon BRENTON
   Everyone

THE "SPIDER SPINS!" LITTLE LULU WEB PAGE AWARD -- for the
favorite RACC-related web page
   http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/ASH/resources.html - ASH resource page
   http://www.blue-light-productions.com - Blue Light Productions homepage
   http://www.eyrie.org/lnh - Legion of Net.Heroes homepage
   http://wilsego.com/racc/ - RACC at Wil's Ego

-----
Saxon Brenton   University of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au     saxonbrenton at hotmail.com