META/APES: Thanks Everyone!

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 4 00:16:35 PST 2006

I'm technically still on holidays out at the beach, but have come
in to the parent's place as we prepare for a Chinese New Year
dinner.  I will therefore use this brief period when I have internet
access to note:

Tom, Anal-Retentive Archive Kid comples me to point out that
you overlooked:

THE GODDESS & THE BOMB #1 -- Rick Hindle  (which has a
giant robot ape with which the Great One used to fake his
reputation)

JUST IMAGINE... AGAIN #2 -- Tom Russell

Also, depending on whether you define Ape stories to be
about, involving or simply mentioning apes, it's possible that
Green Knight #5 counts as well.  The in-passing mention that
Psychopomp no long uses apish minions is, to my mind, an
important thematic element in the theme of superhuman
conflicts no longer being light hearted and Silver Age-style
goofy.

My Ape count: 15 stories, 11 with Ape content.  A pretty
respectable ration.

Tom Russell wrote:

>There were eight simian stories by six ape-crazy
>authors, presented here in alphabetical order by
>title:
>
>ALT. RIDERS # 44-- Jamas Enright
>
>DEJA DUDE/MASTER BLASTER SPECIAL # 8 & 9-- Martin
>Phipps
>
>GREEN KNIGHT # 4-- Tom Russell
>
>LIMP-ASPARAGUS LAD # 56-- Saxon Brenton (to be
>concluded in # 57)
>
>MASTER BLASTER: FRICKIN' LAME-- Russell
>
>TIME CAPSULES # 8-- Dave Van Domelon
>
>WRITER'S BLOCK WOMAN (AND MOUSE) APES MONTH SPECIAL--
>Jaelle

---
Saxon Brenton