LNHY: Ten Word Masterpiece Theater #16

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 28 01:26:09 PST 2006

Tom Russell wrote:
> Martin Phipps wrote:
>

> > Is a contraction (can't) one word or two?
>
> One.

I've always counted it as two which is why I get pissed off at the Bon
Jovi song that goes "I'll be there for you.  These five words I say to
you.  If you breathe I want to be the air for you."  If a contraction
is two words then I count six words in "I'll be there for you".  It's
also lame to continuously rhyme "you" with itself.  Nice song though.
It's got a beat and I can dance to it.  (I feel old because I remember
American Bandstand.)

Martin