[REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #35 - November 2006 [spoilers]

Jamas Enright thad at eyrie.org
Sun Dec 10 20:27:14 PST 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Saxon Brenton wrote:

> Drabble Girl: Drabble #1-13
>    Jamas makes use of the character created by Jaelle to create a
> series of 52 drabbles (stories of exactly 100) words.  I'm guessing
> that the number of drabbles is directly related to the current DC Comics
> series anthology series _52_, although there doesn't seem to be any
> significance beyond that so far.

That's what I said in the ad for this series...

>    It's a cute concept, and makes clever metatextual use of the
> limitations of the drabble as a form of superpower.  However, I do think
> that the confrontation in the Wordinator's dimension in issues 8 through
> 13, with all the random words floating around, was a little bit too much
> of an obvious easy way to get the postings to one hundred words.

First rebuttal point: The Wordinator has a particular speaking pattern
which happens to use a lot of words 'cos that's the nature of the beast.

Second rebuttal point: It also makes it harder to get story points
happening when I have this creature gabbing away all my words!

--
Jamas Enright
"Answers answered and questions questioned."

"If a great state has decided by law that twice two is five, it would be
foolish to allow mathematicians to testify." - Comment during the Scopes
Monkey Trial.