LNH: Limp-Asparagus Lad Special #3: Vocabulary Story Challenge

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 1 00:07:56 PST 2006

On Thursday 30 Nov 2006 Tom Russell <milos_parker at yahoo.com> wrote:

>_Wow._
>
>I don't mean any offense to any of the other participants-- whose
>stories have all been amusing, entertaining, and inventive-- but I
>think this was (so far) the most polished and accomplished
>Vocab-Challenge Story.  I think it also bears the distinction of, quite
>possibly, being the longest Vocab-Story so far, and perhaps the
>shortest Saxon Brenton has ever written. ;-)

Thank you for your kind words.

>        Saxon claims that there are some awkward turns of phrase,
>but the only thing that really sticks out as odd or incongruous is
>
>>      Krodd turned and ambled away to find a comfortable spot away from
>>the muffled efforts of the still struggling Legionnaires, passing some
>>menswear as he did so: underwear, overcoats, a luridly coloured tie and a
>>new season vest.

You're-Not-Hitting-Me-Hard-Enough Lad's line about Krodd's scheme
being a thing of the past is the other one that i can think of off the top
of my head, which is why I made a joke about it in the very next
sentence.  The 'god-spider' rather than 'spider-god' is nowhere near
as ostenacious if you're going for Kirby style weirdly bombastic
names/descriptions, but still...

[...]

>I'd be curious to know how many hours it took Saxon to create this
>epic.  My first one took four, my second was written over the course of
>several days, probably totalling close to six or seven hours.

Erm.  Have to think about that.  Gave up on the first version sometime
around the 20th Nov.  I noogled around for a few days, then realised
that the RACCies were coming up Real Soon Now, and spent most
of Friday 24 through to Sunday 26 working on stripping in the dates
for the Looniversal eligibles.  After that I spent about 3-4 hours a day
across Monday, Tues and Weds working on it (plus a few other free
moments worrying about particularly thorny words).  I'd estimate
maybe 14-18 hours, depending on how you count things.

-----
Saxon Brenton     uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia

Advertisement: Meet Sexy Singles Today @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D23769&_t=754951090&_r=endtext_lavalife_dec_meet&_m=EXT