LNH/META: A Silly, Lighthearted Place

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 14:03:24 PDT 2006

Jesse Willey wrote:

>   Didio's policy as an editor is similar (in some
> ways) to Bill Jemas.  'If it sells, let's do it.  If
> it doesn't--- let's try massively changing the concept
> and make people take notice.'

I'm not familar with Jemas, having left comics before Bob Harras
stepped down.  But Didio's statements (like, for example, "I want to
kill off Nightwing, it's not like he's ever going to be Batman anyway,
so he's just kinda redundant, right?") seriously undermine your view of
him as being more pragmatic.

>   Besides, the spirit of the Giffen/Dematties league
> lives on and even thrives at Boom!'s Hero Squared.  If
> you weren't so much like Mainstream Man you'd know
> that.

You mean, if I wasn't dirt-poor & working two jobs.  I'm now splurging
and buying about six comics a month-- at least one of those has the
words "Donald Duck" in the title.

Oh, and, welcome back, Jesse.  Glad to see you got the net access back.
 (If you did.)

--Tom