LNH: Legion of Net.Heroes wikipedia stuff...

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 25 20:40:16 PDT 2006

in article 1146019982.867308.75540 at i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Tom Russell
at milos_parker at yahoo.com wrote on 4/25/06 7:53 PM:

> Arthur Spitzer wrote:
>> in article 1145508531.748311.69140 at u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com, Tom Russell
>> at milos_parker at yahoo.com wrote on 4/19/06 9:49 PM:
>>
>>> Looks very nice, Arthur!  I think it might be better moved to the
>>> "Evolution" section, as it is a natural outgrowth of that idea; the
>>> "Looniverse" section should be revised to cover the basics of the LNH
>>> world, its humour, people, and backstory.
>>>
>>> Someone more familiar with the pre-LNH history (by which I mean more
>>> familiar than myself; after all, Art *did* give us the Legion of Net.
>>> Hippies) should tell that part of the story, the "fictional" history of
>>> the world and Net.ropolis.  I think we can stay away from current
>>> history in so much as there have been no earth-shaking crossovers in
>>> the LNH reality.  There have been great ones-- and I think that would
>>> be an excellent idea for another "The Greats" thread-- and ones that
>>> have had major impacts on the characters involved, but nothing so grand
>>> and lofty as to merit discussion in the fictional history part of the
>>> article.
>>
>> What events are important?
>>
>> The Two and Half Month Gap, Cry.Sig, The Death of Lost Cause Boy, Rebel Yell
>> leaving and Ultimate Ninja taking complete control of the LNH, Pocket Man
>> and Organic Lass getting married, Retcon Hour, Catalyst Lass being split in
>> two, The Death of Sig.Lad, The Destruction of Sig.ago, Panta getting
>> retconned, Tom Russell being killed by the Mechanical Author, A bunch of
>> LNHers like Master Blaster and Cheesecake Eater Lad getting married, and
>> what else?
>
> Wait, wait, wait: when did Cheesecake-Eater Lad remarry and to whom?  I
> know he was married at least once before-- a wife is mentioned in his
> original origin story-- but I wasn't aware of a second time around, or
> if I was, I've forgotten it.  Did he finally tie the knot with
> aLLiterative Lass?

I think it was the same story Master Blaster got married (can't remember
which issue or series that was) that Martin married a bunch of LNH'rs.  Of
course it's possible this has all been retconned.

> Speaking of CEL and his origin story, <begin promo> be sure to check
> out LNH Vol. 2 # 12, to be posted this Legion Day, April 29!  For
> within those pages you will find his origin recapped in a way that
> synthesizes elements from the original and later-day retcons by Martin
> "LNH Comics Presents Special # 6" Phipps and Tom "the original Onion
> Lad trilogy" Russell!
>
> LNH Vol. 2 # 12 also features...
>
> ...the return of two long-lost LNHers!
> ... eleven footnotes!
> ... the death of Cannon Fodder!
> ... the fastball special!
> ... the heartstopper technique!
> ... one legged ballerinas!
> ... with cancer!
> ... and a special bonus story we just had to call... TAILS OF THE LNH!
>
> What more could you possible want from a special full-length three-part
> epic anniversary extravaganza? <end promo>
>
>> I think maybe there should be a section on significant adversaries that the
>> LNH has had.
>
> Sounds good to me.
>
>> any others?
>
> Y-Blex Burp?
>
> You know, I've always wanted to ask... what the #$@%~ kind of name is
> Y-Blex Burp, anyway?

Y-Plex is some kind of genotyping system is all I can get from google.

> --Tom

Arthur "Y-Plex probably had a tough childhood" Spitzer