LNH: Legion of Net.Heroes wikipedia stuff...

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 25 19:27:06 PDT 2006

in article 1145508531.748311.69140 at u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com, Tom Russell
at milos_parker at yahoo.com wrote on 4/19/06 9:49 PM:

> Looks very nice, Arthur!  I think it might be better moved to the
> "Evolution" section, as it is a natural outgrowth of that idea; the
> "Looniverse" section should be revised to cover the basics of the LNH
> world, its humour, people, and backstory.
>
> Someone more familiar with the pre-LNH history (by which I mean more
> familiar than myself; after all, Art *did* give us the Legion of Net.
> Hippies) should tell that part of the story, the "fictional" history of
> the world and Net.ropolis.  I think we can stay away from current
> history in so much as there have been no earth-shaking crossovers in
> the LNH reality.  There have been great ones-- and I think that would
> be an excellent idea for another "The Greats" thread-- and ones that
> have had major impacts on the characters involved, but nothing so grand
> and lofty as to merit discussion in the fictional history part of the
> article.

What events are important?

The Two and Half Month Gap, Cry.Sig, The Death of Lost Cause Boy, Rebel Yell
leaving and Ultimate Ninja taking complete control of the LNH, Pocket Man
and Organic Lass getting married, Retcon Hour, Catalyst Lass being split in
two, The Death of Sig.Lad, The Destruction of Sig.ago, Panta getting
retconned, Tom Russell being killed by the Mechanical Author, A bunch of
LNHers like Master Blaster and Cheesecake Eater Lad getting married, and
what else?

> I think Legion of Occult Heroes deserves an entry in the "Evolution"
> section.  Again, someone who's read it more often or more recently than
> I would be a better choice for blurbologist.  Also, Adrian pointed out
> that my list is all made up of "old" stuff.  While I have no problem
> with that myself, I understand his point and I think three or four
> great series from the last five to ten years deserve mention.  Maybe
> just one of the cascade stories, to show that they're still going on:
> I'd suggest SAVIOURS, though I'm intrigued by this MUTTON MANIA.
> Having not read it (yet) myself, I was wondering if anyone might tell
> me what it was about?  It sounds a bit scary.

Strangely enough Mutton Mania and Saviors are tied together due to Marc
Singer.  I wonder if I should repost all of the issues of Mutton Mania too
between #12 and #13.

If someone wants to put Saviors on the wikipage be my guest.  I can't do it
since it would feel too self-serving.

> I'm also turning my attention towards linking other articles to the LNH
> article; for example, Matter-Eater Lad has two parodies in the LNH
> universe, (Cheesecake- and Briefcase- Eater Lads) and so I have a link
> to that within.  Off the top of my head, I think the Magneto article is
> ripe for a link.   (Arthur's also done an excellent job getting some
> links to the LNH page on the USENET, superheroes by team, and Superguy
> articles/categories, as well as the redirect pages.)
>
> I'm going to be putting up pictures of Limp-Asparagus Lad and Dvandom
> Force, per the permission of Saxon and Dave-- as soon as I figure out
> how to do it. :-)  Remember, I'm not the most tech-savvy person in the
> world.  Anyone else who would like their artwork up there, feel free to
> do so; but, again, let's do it with an eye towards keeping it article
> like; i.e., let's not upload an ass-load of pictures and list every
> series ever created and every LNHer: that'd be misusing Wikipedia, it'd
> be crufty and pointless, and, most of all, it would result in a shitty
> article that would turn people off.

Too bad there isn't a picture of Cheesecake Eater Lad.  As Superman is to
the DC, Spider-Man is to Marvel, and Spawn is to Image; he sort of
represents the entire LNH in an iconic fashion.

As to what Cheesecake Eater Lad looks like, my vision of him would be this
pudgy kind of short guy with a white baker's hat for a mask, an apron that
says "I <Heart Shape> Cheesecake!", some cosmic cheesecake making wrist
bands (that Kid Kirby made for him).  I think he looks a bit like Dom
DeLuise (no beard of mustache though -- think 'Blazing Saddles').

> The LNH article is not an advertisement for the LNH.  While it will
> certainly raise our profile and be helpful in attracting new readers
> and writers, the primary purpose of the article is because the LNH *IS*
> important, it *IS* encylopedic.  Let's keep in mind why it's important,
> why it's special, and emphasize those things in a way that's
> comprehensive without getting into the kind of obsessive detail better
> reserved for resource materials on the LNH homepage or discussion here
> in the group.
>
> And, by making the article as attractive, succinct, and reader-friendly
> as possible, it will result in attracting more attention to our little
> corner of the net anyway. :-)
>
> And, having said all that, I wonder if the article needs an in-joke
> section. :-)
>
> Tom, who has actually had coca-cola spiked with paprika and, yes,
> that's a man's pop!

I think maybe there should be a section on significant adversaries that the
LNH has had.

Let's see:

The Brotherhood of Net.Villains
Acton Lord
Crossover Queen
Dr. Killfile
MacLaughlin Man
Manga Man
Master Workload
The Time Crapper
Tsar Chasm
wReamicus Maximus

any others?

Arthur "Like I have time to write this stuff" Spitzer