LNH: Eggplant the Easter Miracle Komodo Dragon #1 to (??)

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 18 21:18:18 PDT 2006

in article 1145112244.302272.217060 at t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, Tom
Russell at milos_parker at yahoo.com wrote on 4/15/06 7:44 AM:

> You know, I always feel sorry for Cannon Fodder.  At least at first,
> then I laugh.

<Lots of stuff snipped>

Thanks for the insight Tom.

But this story was just about Komodo Dragons killing Cannon Fodder.

No deep allegory here.

> Arthur Spitzer wrote:
>> "Relax, UN.  This isn't *any* ordinary Komodo Dragon.  This is Eggplant the
>> Easter Miracle Komodo Dragon!  He wouldn't hurt anyone.  He's here to teach
>> us about the true meaning of Easter because we've lost our way.
>
> And, surprisingly, he does:
>
>> gently put his hand on the lizard's head.  And that's when Eggplant the
>> Easter Miracle Komodo Dragon lunged at Cannon Fodder's throat.  The Komodo
>> Dragon's powerful jaws sank its into Cannon Fodder's tasty neck.  Blood
>> started spurting out as Cannon Fodder struggled to escape.  The Ultimate
>
> The true meaning of Easter is grisly, pulse-pounding violence.  At
> least Arthur understands this, even if the Pope doesn't.

I thought it was about worshipping the Fertility Goddess Eostre by
exchanging eggs with people.  Actually I don't believe in True Meanings of
Anything.  Easter is a holiday for Kids worshipping the Easter Bunny as
far as I'm concerned.

>> If you look closely
>> -- you'll notice that Eggplant the Easter Miracle Komodo Dragon has a tiny
>> little black mustache -- which means... This isn't our "Eggplant the Easter
>> Miracle Komodo Dragon" -- but in fact this is an Eggplant the Easter Miracle
>> Komodo Dragon from an Alt.er.net Universe where all the "Holiday Miracle
>> Pets" are corrupt and evil."
>
> Eggplant Barrabas?
>
> --Tom

Arthur "See you later, Allegory Alligator" Spitzer