LNH: Eggplant the Easter Miracle Komodo Dragon #1 to (??)

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 16 22:03:07 PDT 2006

martinphipps2 at yahoo.com wrote:

> that these texts are almost certainly "apocryphal" (which I assume is a
> polite way of saying "bulls--t").

Well, it's like this: at some point, the Catholic Church went through
all the gospels and epistles and books that had been written since the
time of Christ, all of them reverred as holy documents by one group or
another.  It sifted through these and said, yes to this one, no to that
one, sometime arbitrarily, sometimes for theological or political
reasons.  And the book we know as the Bible today-- specifically the
New Testament-- is the product of that sifting: something that's also
known as the Vulgate.  Everything else is apocrypha.

Judas and Thomas are almost certainly apocryphal, too, by this
standard. :-)

--Tom