LNH: Eggplant the Easter Miracle Komodo Dragon #1 to (??)

martinphipps2 at yahoo.com martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 16 11:59:04 PDT 2006

Tom Russell 寫遢:

> Easter is really a more exciting story.  Much as I
> disliked Mel Gibson's PASSION, he had the right idea starting in
> Gethsemane.  That's a powerful scene.  A great set-piece.  Then you've
> got the betrayal of Judas.

Ah, yes, but according to "Judas" himself (ie from the Gospel According
to Judas, recently recovered and translated in Egypt), he didn't betray
Jesus: he was doing exactly what Jesus wanted him to do.  Then there's
the Gospel According to (Doubting) Thomas which (not surprisingly)
doesn't make any mention of Jesus being resurrected.  As far as I know,
both of these "non-canonical" gospels are considered authentic, dating
back as early as 130-170 AD (Judas) and 140-200 AD (Thomas).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Judas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Thomas

Interestingly, this means that six out of the twelve apostles were
heard from (or at least had gospels attributed to them).

Martin... knows this post is off-topic... but so is Tom's :)