8FOLD/ACRA: Journey Into... # 2

saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au
Wed Apr 12 13:59:27 PDT 2006

     Okay, I feel better after reading this.  Thanks Tom.
     It is probably indicative of the time-of-year-at-work and
therefore my state-of-stress that I enjoyed this mainly for the
silliness rather than the human drama.  Nevertheless, I laughed all
the way through the first act at the put-upon normal husband
continually having to be rescued by his superpowered wife (or worse
yet, the superpowered cat), and having to put up with the villains
monologuing while waiting for help to arrive.  I loved the too-late
recollection that the cat was telepathic.  I was laughing out loud at
the call for the Mammal Militia's members to rally to fight the
resurrected Red Fido (the "communist canine corpse").  I was
intrigued and horrified at the Cloning Contessa's recollections of
adopting children and then killing them once she had samples of
their genetic material...
     Well, anyway, let's just say I enjoyed it a lot at a time of
week (and year) when I would otherwise be grinning at library
patrons in a disturbing manner in an attempt to make them go
away so that I can finish off administrative work that I currently
only have time to do at the loans desk.

---
Saxon Brenton     Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au