META: The Greats

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 16:14:17 PDT 2006

Jesse Willey wrote:

>   The third is ALL-POWERFUL MASTER MAN.  Corey Smith's
> series is truly a book that lifts the spirits.
> Whenever you think you can't write your way out of a
> paperbag, all you have to do is read this and you'll
> feel all better.   It's like what Sam Clemens said of
> Henry James.  "Once you put down one of his books, you
> don't want to pick it up again."

Jesse, the point of this thread is to _celebrate_ great RACC writing,
*not* making fun of people-- especially those who are not here to
defend themselves.  That's first off.

Secondly, if you're going to criticize someone, you should do it
constructively.  As the FAQ notes, no one wants to see how clever you
seem to think you are, Snarky Snarkiton.

Thirdly, if you're going to make fun of someone for insipid prose, flat
characters, and idiotic plotting... you've got absolutely no room to
talk.

Wait, let me rephrase that: to this day, you *still* have no room to
talk.

In starting the thread, I was trying to start discussion and foster a
sense of community.  And so of course you remind us as soon as you
possibly can why you are the community jackass.

--Tom, who notes that TSK FORCE was one of the primary reasons he got
interested in writing MAINSTREAM MAN, and he misses Steven Howard
almost as much as he misses Panta.