META: The Greats

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 08:16:08 PDT 2006

The twenty-seventh of this month will mark the
fourteenth anniversary of the Legion of Net. Heroes.
And, to mark the occassion, I pose a question to the
group:

What are your favourite LNH stories, and why?

I've anwered this question before, and at length (The
Phippsian Reader, Why Jungle Cheesecake Is the
Greatest LNH Story Ever Told, and my Aeneas and Ferris
essay)-- and I'm sure that some time this month, I'll
probably throw a few more answers into the ring.

But now I ask you, O cherished members of the RACC
community, to throw a few more names around.  You
don't need to go on and on at length like I did-- just
a few concise, elegant little paragraphs will do.

Let's provide a guide for the proverbial newcomer;
let's champion classics and contemporaries alike;
let's shine a light on the gems that have been
obscured by the mists of time.

--

Tom Russell
Director of MILOS,

"If a comic book, book, movie or novel is not somebody's fantasy
then who wrote it and to whom does it appeal to?  In order for a
shared universe to have a widespread appeal, it has to appeal on
a primal level.  If somebody says superhero comics are just 'wish
fulfillment' then he needs to explain what is entertainment that
doesn't satisfy our wishes and what satisfaction at all you can get
from it." -- Dr. Martin Phipps