REPOST: LNHY: Looniverse Y #1: Part II: Jumping Off on the Wrong Foot

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 1 19:14:22 PST 2006

Since I was on hiatus when LNHY started, I ended up missing most of it,
only reading a few stories here and there-- among them, the
Now-Classic, "Kid Kicked-Out Grows Boobs."

Now that I've read LOONIVERSE Y # 1, I have to say that it's funny as
hell.  I really enjoyed the scene between Kid Kicked-Out and Major Lee
Serious, and Kid Kicked-Out's get-rich-quick scheme.  It's nice to have
a leader that's such a cowardly, self-centered, scheming little
bastard: much more entertaining than, say, Scott Summers or Superman.
:-)

Also enjoyed the lengthy intro for BDDMan-- that kind of ridiculous,
almost pointless build is somewhat reminiscant of shaggy dog stories,
which are my favourite kind of stories. :-)

Thanks for writing this, Arthur, and thanks for reposting it.

--Tom