[Reviews] End of Month Reviews #16 - April 2005 [spoilers]

Andrew Perron pwerdna at outgun.com
Thu May 5 10:36:54 PDT 2005

On Thu, 5 May 2005 02:26:34 +0000 (UTC), saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au
wrote:

> End of Month Reviews #16 - April 2005 [spoilers]

<snip>
>      The first issue of Tom Russel and Jamie Rosen's new 8Fold shared
> universe writing imprint. The strange thing for me is that the
> mailserver at UTS library delivered this as a blank email: title and
> headers, but absolutely no text in the body. Thanks to Tom for
> forwarding me a copy after I discovered that I couldn't find it on
> google, either.

Huh.  This happened to me too (and the first reply in the thread was
the same way!), but I managed to get it off Google.

<snip>
>      The first issue is steeped in homecoming nostalgia, which makes
> transition point of revealing Template's identity moderately shocking.
> Of course, the readers would be expecting some sort of surprise along
> the lines of costumed superhero-dom, since that's what this newsgroup
> is predicated on, so I imagine it would be a lot worse for Billy.

You know, I honestly wasn't sure - considering the wideness of genre
that's part of the imprint's charter, I thought they might well have
started off with a non-superhero series.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, spicy remix!