[LNH] [RACCIES] Just Imagine... Saxon Brenton's RACCIES: Epilogue

phippsmartin at hotmail.com phippsmartin at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:53:06 PST 2005

[No, you didn't miss an issue: I just wanted to skip to the end. :)]

"Wow!" Deja Dude said.  "We did it!  We defeated Manga Man Gold and his
evil robot duplicates!"

"No thanks to Bluetooth and Firewire!" Ultimate Ninja complained.  "How
could they betray us like that?  Didn't they realize that the Grapety
Purple Man and the Shoe Devil were working with Manga Man Gold all
along?  The first rule in dealing with net.villains is to treat
everything they say as a lie!  Rookies!"

"Yeah, well, these traitor plots are an inherent part of superhero
drama now.  We have to get used to that."

"At least Manga Man White came through for us!" Ultimate Ninja
observed.  "Too bad about what happened to him in the end though."

"Yeah," Deja Dude nodded sadly.  "Of course, the next time we meet
Manga Man Gold we can just call him 'Manga Man', seeing as how he was
the original and now the only one."

"You're forgetting Manga Man Black."

"Right!  But at least he's not a threat anymore after what happened to
him."

"True."

Meanwhile, back at LNH HQ...

"I never would have thought we would have been saved by a Manga Man
clone!" Cheesecake Eater Lad mused.

"Indeed," aLLiterative Lass agreed, "I would not have Imagined It."

"It's too bad what happened to him in the end though!"

aLLiterative Lass nodded sadly.

"Such a noble sacrafice!" Adamant Authority on Everything proclaimed.

"Thanks to him, our daughter has her real parents back again!"

"Because the roBot was a Bad Brestfeeder for our Baby!"

"Wait a minute!" Kid Enthusiastic complained.  "Presumably you were
rescued in _Miss Translation_ before you were kidnapped again late last
year, but when did that give you time to have a baby?"

Adamant Authority on Everything sighed.  "_Flame Wars IV_ happened two
years ago.  More than that in fact: it started in the summer of 2002.
There's been plenty of time for Cheesecake Eater Lad and aLLiterative
Lass to procreate in the meantime!"

"But... but... he was only just rescued a few months ago!  And _Limp
Asperagus Lad_ hasn't even dealt with Flame Wars IV yet!  I'm so
confused!"

"It is the nature of continuity in a shared universe!" Adamant
Authority on Everything insisted.  "You don't complain that Captain
America can appear in three different series at the same time, do you?"

"But... that means _Limp Asperagus Lad_ is THREE YEARS behind in
continuity!"

"Yeah, but Saxon's using a sliding time scale anyway so, to him, he's
actually only a few weeks behind."

"Ahhh!!!"

"The important thing is that, with all the relevent plot elements from
this add-on cascade having been resolved, everybody can get back to
doing their own thing and maybe -maybe- continuity can sort itself
out."

"You mean like my writer might actually go back and finish the _Digital
Jump_ storyline?"

"Exactly!" Adamant Authority-on-Everything said.

"But he's the one who started this cascade!  It's not like he hasn't
had time."

"We'll just have to wait and see."

WILL Andrew Perron go back to writing _Digital Jump_?

WILL _Limp Asperagus Lad_ ever catch up to current continuity?

You'll have to keep reading RACC to find out! :)

Martin